ELEVEN~ REGIONALS

Currently i am tugging at the skirt and blazer that i am being made to wear for the competition today. If i said i wasn't nervous i would be lying to everyone including myself.
"you look perfect okay, my curling iron was perfect on you, honestly you should use it more."

i smile as i am genuinely touched with her helping me out today, and she doesn't lie the large beach waves have really framed my face perfectly.

" i love you, you know that" i can't help but lean towards her and wrap my arms tightly around her as she is the only sense of comfort i really have at the moment.

"okay you've got to get going alright? Here is an iced coffee i ordered you one. you like vanilla syrup right?"
i take a sip and audibly sigh in pure content.

"your perfect in every way Kay never change. okay i've got everything... i look fine. my ass isn't hanging out...  that's all i need right?"
"your sorted now go break a leg, you'll be late the taxis probably waitingg!"

i grab my bag and wave to her before i exit and quickly make my way down the many flights of stairs all the while trying not to spill the coffee in my hand radiating a cooling sensation.

i fasten up my pace when i see a taxi parked come into my view with some familiar faces already inside. i open the back door and am greeted with Beca and Fat Amy.
"hello ladies let's get this journey on a roll"

we make our way to regionals which, thankfully, isn't far but we make easy chat on the way there which consisted of making fun of Aubrey's ways, our set and then again Aubrey just in general .

When we get out we spot the others so we grab our stuff and follow them into a room in the building we'll be performing at. We dump our stuff as quickly as we can as we are pretty much late already. So we are seen quick jogging through the back entrance to stand right at the back in our places.

i can't lie i'm out of breath but we make it for the first act which seems to be a cappella puppets? very creative you could say.

All the groups are dotted around so i take a quick look around while fixing my hair to make myself as presentable as i can be .
"a cappella out of sock puppetry, genius"
i can't help but smile as she's saying exactly my thoughts .
"look at the white one with the black spock"
"well i guess it's making a statement"
everyone is conversing about the sockappellas on stage at the moment, they could be worse by a lot but they wern't the best i've ever heard either.

"They're complete idiots. There's no craft there. Watching them will only make you worse."
i can't help but add that "at least they are different" . I know we are about to go on stage and I should be aware we are all very anxious; Aubrey mainly. But I still believe what we have currently isn't enough like the Bella's have performed this song an ungodly amount of time.

"Hands in" here we go again.
"remember ah on 3"
i think she's confident we have this but i'm not and i know somehow, despite all the practice we have wasted on this, it won't happen.

and there you go, everyone goes at different times; off timed and off pitch. there will never be a time when we all understand it. 

"give it up for the Barden Bella's!"
we all make our way towards the stage to then find our positions. i can already feel judgemental stares as they are probably not used to the opposite of the slim fit Barden Bella's.

Chloe blows into the beginning note before counting us down and then we begin the song.

"♫Whoa-whoa whoa-whoa, yeah
I got a new life
You would hardly recognize me
I'm so glad
How could a person like me care for you
Why do I bother when you're not the one for me
Is enough enough"

i can see people literally on the verge of falling asleep  as this set is exactly what they heard the last time the Bella's performed, they just want something new. I wish i could tell them i really tried for them to make that reality but our coach is a literal a capella psycho!.