drunk and wasted

ten

the girls decided to go hang in the pool while i sat in my bedroom, going through old birthday cards my dad had given me.

i close my eyes as the tears fall down my cheeks. the card i was currently reading was the last card he had given me. i was 11 years old.

"hey lor!" i heard jeremiah shout from outside. i quickly whip my tears and stand up, opening my window. i stick my head out and see jere in the pool, waving at me.

"yes jeremiah?"

"come down and play with us!" he shouts. i see taylor roll her eyes, "sure okay!"

i take off my dress, revealing my blue bikini and run downstairs, finding conrad and nicole sitting by the pool.

"oh my god, hey nicole!" i say, as i take a seat beside her, "hey rory, happy birthday."

"thank you."

i sense conrad's eyes on me but i ignore it, too focused on jeremiah in the pool. boy did he look hot.

"can i play?" i ask, seeing they were playing volleyball.

"the teams are full, sorry." taylor says, in her bitchy attitude.

"oh."

jeremiah sends me a reassuring smile and i just shrug, not really caring.

suddenly, taylor threw the ball up and hit it, sending it the opposite way it was supposed to go and it hit both me and nicole in the face.

"what the hell." conrad says, as he puts his arm around nicole, taylor starts slightly laughing.

"taylor!" belly snaps at her.

"it was an accident," taylor shrugs.

"lor, are you okay?" jeremiah swam over to me and hops out of the pool, his eyes full of worry and concern.

"yeah, yeah, i'm okay." i say, standing up. my hand still on my face, "don't worry about it."

belly then repeatedly apologized to nicole as conrad began taking her inside.

"it's okay, really."

"don't worry belly, conrad will take care of her," taylor says in some snappy tone, conrad turns to look at her, "we'll just go inside and stare at ourselves in the mirror."

"you have fun with that," conrad snaps back, walking inside with nicole.

"thanks for caring if i was alright, belly." i say, walking away before she could say or do anything.

i run up to my room and slam my door, walking over to my mirror, seeing a bruise beginning to form.

"why'd you run away?" jeremiah asks, now standing in the doorway of my room.

"because i just got hit in the face with a fucking ball," i sass, turning toward him.

"jesus lor," he rushes over to me, his fingers lightly touching my cheek.