Chapter 14

Chapter 14

It had been over a week now and Dee had gone ghost. Zero contact with the outside world, her phone had been dead for three days now. The flat battery made it easier to avoid social media.

"Jess, you need to leave now."

"What do you mean? I just got rid of that creep for you." She scoffed trying to pull Dee in.

"He's not a creep. I didn't want him to go." Dee pulled her hands away from Jess, tears forming in her eyes. Desperately trying to avoid eye contact with her.

"If you don't want me and you want him than how come I'm here and you let him walk away?" Jess rolled her eyes before attempting to grab Dee's hands again. "Why did you call me and not him? You don't really want him. You want me. You need me. you've always needed me. You can't do anything without me." Dee looked into Jess' eyes, almost believing the words she said. Almost.

"Jess, seriously get the fuck out. I wish I never called you I'm a fucking idiot."

"Fine, but watch you come crawling back to me again. You always do. You will always need me."

Dee couldn't stop thinking about the course of events from that day. She replayed them over and over again in her head. She was a fuck up. She fucked up everything good in her life. Her everything was him. And she fucked it up. What Dee didn't know, was that there was an easy way to fix everything. All she had to do was go to him. For once in her life, she needed to stop running away from everything and relying on everyone else to chase after her to fix her mistakes. She needed to take accountability. She needed to believe that she was worth it. Dee's issue is that she's never believed in herself. Dee's music career didn't take off because she was bad. It failed because she got rejected once and refused to reach out again. Dee's always wanted to be a go getter. Make things happen on her own accord, but she lacks the confidence in herself. She has always believed she was never good enough. Never good enough for any record label. Never good enough for her friends. Never good enough for anyone. This was all just because of her own thoughts. No previous event or memory caused her to think this way. No one belittled her or treated her poorly to make her think this way. She was her own demise.

Dee did nothing but self-loathing for days. Hating on herself with her thoughts. She drank and smoked and did nothing. She had his hoodie wrapped around her at all times. Feeling his warmth, smelling his cologne. It was like he was still around. She sat in her favourite spot in her balcony.

Suddenly a huge weight had landed in her lap, her vision a little blurry but she knew it was her furry friend. Before she could even say hello to him, he was meowing at her constantly. As though even Chive knew she'd fucked up.

"Chive please don't start this now." But still he meowed and meowed, and Dee just stared at him. As though she could understand what he was saying.

"I know. I know. You're right, but I don't know how to fix it." Just start off with a shower and pouring your drink down the drain and go from there. And so, she did. Somehow the cat had managed to convince her to sort herself out.

After showering she combed her fingers through her wet hair, attempting to detangle it. She put on some real clothes and stood staring at her door. The next step was to leave the house. Dee unplugged her phone after charging it whilst she was in the shower and forced herself to book the uber. She still felt a little tipsy but was mostly sober now. She walked down the stairs and waited for it to arrive. When her phone started ringing. She looked down at the contact. It was her mum. Fuck.