Chapter One: Reunion

Stepping out of the car, the clicking of my heels rung loudly. I had asked to wear some flats and a skirt with a shirt, but no, Mom said I had to look stellar for this stupid idea of a reunion. Aunts and uncles, grandparents and parents, daughters and sons, nieces and nephews. Imagine all of those people in one room, with only a small window and a staircase leading to the tower. Terrible.

Now I know family reunions are supposed to be fun and happy with the surprises to give, hugs to accept, kisses to cherish. I know all of that is important, but right now, I want to stay home and watch Netflix, all day. With the little pop in of hello and then another three hours back to Middlesford, Montana, (A.N. - I was too lazy to look up a city in Montana so deal with this :3) I'd be fine. California's great and all but sometimes home is the best place you can be at.

Smoothing down my white and pink dress (Mom picked it out), I strut up the stairs that awaited my 'royal' announcement. My family knew my past, as they should, and wanted to help, but I refused diligently and respectfully.

Meeting up with my family after a couple years was difficult; too many people that are new to the family. I know that Uncle George's wife's name was not Harriet, but Samantha. New marriage? I think not. Nieces and nephews that didn't know me, understand me, want to be near me. It was all so antagonizing sometimes.

I've been going on and on about what happened to me: why don't I say the whole story?

In the summer of (A.N. - 69 :3) 2011, I was diagnosed with Leukemia, it's not rare for my family; Billy and Jeremy, along with Jill had the same diagnosis, they made it out alright. Maybe when I'm better I can have some fun? My Mom and Dad are very protective of me since I'm an only child but they are thinking of another baby. I wouldn't mind. A baby brother or sister would be cool.

If they had a girl, I'd do her hair, paint her nails; do girly stuff with her. Boy; play catch or some football. Maybe even some soccer if he's into soccer. I was. I don't know, if my parents did, if be fine with it.

"It's nice to see you again, Perrie." Spinning around, I noticed Jeremy standing behind me.

"Oh, hey Jeremy. How are you?" Twisting my feet around each other, hands clasped behind my back, I swung my body gently. Jeremy always did seem make me nervous. I think it's his shoulder length red hair, or his blue eyes. I don't know, maybe even the way he has the slight curve of his spine so he slouches all the time. Who knows?

"I'm fine. How're you holding up?" His deepish voice sounded. I've always loved his voice. Made me want to hang out with him.

"Somewhat good. I have another doctors appointment when I get home. That's pretty much it. I mean, I could talk girly for you if you want but I seriously doubt it." Jeremy raised one reddish eyebrow towards the sky.

"Go ahead. I've got nowhere to be." Awe, that's nice of him.

"You sure?" I asked raising my eyebrow as he dropped his. Jeremy nodded his head firmly, closing his eyes as he did so. "You just signed a deed with the devil, son." I remarked, chuckling when he gave me a worried look.

Rolling my eyes, I grabbed Jeremy's arm, dragging him into the tall church that held most of the reunion. It was only 3:00 so dinner wouldn't be served until another hour or so. We'd have lots of time to talk.

"You look very pretty today." He stated out of nowhere.

"Uh, thanks? I guess." Smiling awkwardly, I sat in one of the metal folding chairs that were laid around the room's main table. Jeremy's chuckle brought giggles to my lips, threatening to pop like bubble gum. "What?"