Vecna

Jae's POV
At the field everyone split up into groups to make makeshift weapons. Dustin and Eddie were making shields. Lucas and Erica were making spears, Steve and Robin were making explosives and I was with Nancy and Max as she cut up the shotgun to make sure she wouldn't miss her shot on Vecna.

"Is this legal?" Max says curiously.

"I think it's a felony ." Nancy says

"Right."

"But it guarantees one thing, She wont miss." I said as I look up from the ground at them.

"Max, I just want to say I think it's brave how you're stepping up to do this. There aren't that many of you brave kids around anymore." I said to her.

"Thanks Jae that means a lot coming from you."

"I'm sorry I broke our promise. I said I wouldn't forget you and that I'd help you after Billy's death."

"It's fine I get it you had your own life to get together. Plus you did keep your promise."

"Not fully no, I kept it for awhile yes but then halfway through the school year for you I stopped. And it's not like I cared, I just got busy."

"It's okay Jae I forgive you, plus you're like the stupidly overprotective sister I never had. Dustin is really lucky to have you and so is Nancy and everyone here, including me." With that last sentence out of Max's mouth she got up and started walking over to Lucas and his sister.

"She's not wrong you know." Nancy spoke up.

"About what?"

"How lucky I am to have you."

"Eh I don't really consider it lucky. I'm the lucky one here."

"Look I know that in the mist of all this I've been giving you mixed emotions, I mean we had that talk the other night and then you see me with Steve and I'm sorry about that."

"Nance?"

"Yes?"

"With all due respect I don't really want to talk about that right now. So let's just forget about it for now and deal with it once this is all over."

"Deal."

"Deal."

I look away and see Dustin and Eddie goofing off before Eddie stops to say something to him. They call out to the Sinclairs and I see Erica take apart Lucas's spear. Guess he was doing it wrong. I look back into the sky and embrace it.

"Come to me."

"Did you say something Nance?" I said turning back to her.

"Nope." She got up and Max came back to us. Nancy aimed the gun as if practicing.

"I started to feel the bite mark hurting again. That's when I noticed the veins on my hand started turning black. It was like summer last year all over again.

The sun was setting and we were in the van on the way back to the trailer. Steve and I got new clothes as everyone else just added onto their current clothing. We would drop off Max, Lucas, and Erica at the creek house before going to the trailer.

Nancy sat in the front with Steve and I sat with Robin, Eddie and Dustin at the very back. We dropped of the creek house trio and drove off to the trailer park.

Once at the park we parked the van a bit far and walked to Eddie's trailer. Once inside Steve was the first to climb to help everyone out. I got on one knee and help Nancy up to which Steve helps her up and pauses. I help the other throw out things through before continuing going through the gate. Eddie, Robin, Dustin then me when through. We got our things and walked out the trailer. I decided to stick back and help Eddie and Dustin distract the bats because I couldn't let Dustin be at risk, knowing I can protect him. As we walk out Steve turns around.