The cabin

Jae's POV

We all go home to get clothes and agreed to meet at Hoper's cabin. Nancy comes with me to my apartment and would just grab a spare change of clothes.

"Nancy can you promise me something?"

"Depends."

"If I turn into something like Billy, promise me you'll just take the damn shot and shoot me in the head."

"I'm not going to promise you that because it won't happen...Whatever you're doing, fighting it somehow it's working."

"I still feel the pain"

"And we will break that connection between you and the mind flayer."

She helps me bandage up and we get to the cabin. Eleven sat down in the middle and was trying to find Billy.

Nancy, Jonathan, Will and I were trying to figure something else.

"Can you guys settle this argument for us?" Max said walking over to us. The argument gets worse as they ramble on, on who should control El's limits between herself and Mike. Max brought up why El dumped him and that caught Nancy and I off guard. I walk outside and grab my walkman to see if so could get a hold of Dustin.

I gave up when I realized I was out of range. I go back in to hear Mike says he loves El. El comes out of her room.

"What's going on?" El asked

"Family discussion." Lucas said

"I found them." She said changing the subject.

"Found who?" I asked.

We all gathered around in the living room quietly as El focuses on finding Billy. She takes the headband off telling us he was in his room alone.

"Is that normal?" I ask Max

"Billy staying in his room alone on the 4th of July. Yea no not normal." Max confirms

"He wants us to find him." Will says.

"Yea and that's not what we want. If we go to Billy then the rest of the flayed know where we are." Nancy said to the group.

"How do we know they aren't using Jae to do that already and are just waiting for the right moment!" Lucas says pointing at me.

"Woah we can't assume that. Jae's been fighting it there's no way that's happening. Jae would know and she'd tell us." Jonathan speaks up for me.

We continued to talk about how it was dangerous and Lucas tried to say we can still do it despite it being a trap.

"We have to find the source. Killing the flayed wont stop the mind flayer." I say

"We need to find where it's spreading from. the source like Jae said." Nancy said in agreement with me.

"Billy knows it... he's been there to the source." El spoke up coming back from the kitchen.

"It's a trap. I know but we can't go to Billy. But there might be another way." El says finishing her sentence. We all look at her wondering what her idea would be.

She sits in front of the tv, getting ready to go into Billy's head. She puts the blind off as Mike steps away from her. We waited silently for her to say something. After awhile of waiting El speaks up.

"The source...I found it."

"Where Eleven... Where are you?" I ask speaking closer to her letting go of Nancy's hand.

"Brimborn Steelworks"

Jonathan walks over to the kitchen and grabs the book on the counter flipping to a page with it there. Jonathan read out the address and I remembered the road from the place I crashed at. El gets out of the trance she was in and falls into Mikes lap.

El tells us what she saw and we talk about what we had to do next. All of a sudden we hear screeching from the woods and thunder.

"Did you guys hear that?" Nancy asked

"It might be the fireworks." Jonathan tried to calm everyone down.

"When Billy saw you it was here right?" I ask El

"He knows we're here." Will said as his hand was on his neck.

We all go outside and start walking to the car when we see the creature in the distance. We all run back inside and started barricading the place. Nancy and so go to the shed and grab 2 guns. She grabs a shot gun and so grab a hunting rifle. We all gather into a small circle in the middle of the room. The lights start to flicker.

"It's close." Will says

A plate falls on the floor and Nancy backs up into me. All of a sudden one of its tentacles or whatever comes in through the door and attacks Jonathan, Nancy shoots it but her gun gets jammed and the creature then goes for her until El stops it and it retreats back but 2 more come back in. She breaks the heads of the arms off and then another one came through the roof and grabbed her by the legs.

"Jae shoot it!"

I start to shoot it and then Lucas hits it with the axe and cuts it off and it let's go of El. But when she falls back a piece of it was still attached to her leg. Mike rips it off and she screams. El gets up and ropes the creature in half. He all make a run for Jonathan's car. The kids cram into the back and I get in the drivers seat and drive off.

We get to a grocery store and break in. We get inside and find supplies to help El. Nancy grabs some alcohol and so push her pants up. We see the wound and it looked painful. I grab a cloth but got stopped by Max.

"Woah what are you doing?"

"I'm going to clean the wound?" I respond confused

"What? No first, we stop the bleeding, clean, disinfect and then bandage."

We all look at her confused.

"What? I skateboard, trust me."

She starts ordering us to get her things. I go with Nancy to find something Max told us to get.

"That thing, what did it look like to you?" Nancy spoke up.

"Like that thing in the hospital only this time way bigger and more aggressive."

"Exactly, Tom and Bruce merged to become one right?"

"Yea that's what we saw."

"Driscoll said she need to go back to the source too right."

"Wait Nance, you don't think she in there do you?"

"Maybe, just like maybe Heather and Janet, and anyone else that got flayed."

"I don't know how we are going to kill this thing but if we do we kill all the flayed too." I said in response.

"And this ends... maybe."

"It will. I hope." I try to lighten the mood. We grab a gallon of water and go back to where El was. Mike was on the walk man and I heard him say Dustin.

"What is it?" Nancy and I said at the same time panicked.

We patch El up and she sits down in front of a few open freezers to focus on the static. Lucas takes a drink of new coke and El tells they to shut up.

"Dustin's so freaked out about the gate he went to the movies?!" Lucas said annoyed

"You sure he said gate and not great?" Max asked Mike.

"When I was with Dustin at the mall before I got stuck with you guys we were looking over some Russian place at the mall. We were about to go down and that's when I left them because I heard Nancy on the walkman." I explain to the group as we being to leave the grocery store going towards the exit.

"I never called you on the walkman Jae?" Nancy said confused

"Then if you didn't what did?"

"Billy" Nancy says worriedly.

We get in the car as Lucas shoves a bunch of fireworks in the trunk. We drive off to the mall in a hurry. I had to make sure Dustin was okay