WHAT'S TO COME

Finn's POV

Are we in enough danger that I need to do something about this tonight? How the hell can I get us help? It's kinda hard to go to the damn police and tell them we need a restraining order against a man who is in love with one of my wives....While my second wife was the one that threatened to castrate him.

This is shit

My mind is going a million miles a minute as I walk into Wren's dark room and find her curled up, sleeping soundly in bed with Jane at her feet.

She looks so peaceful...I shouldn't wake her up...Should I?

"Wrennie?" I whisper as I turn on her lamp and sit on the edge of her bed, shaking her shoulder gently.

Her eyelids flutter slightly, but after she moans gently, she falls back asleep and I can't help but think that she's somehow gotten even more beautiful since I met her.

"Wren," I say a little louder as I pat her bottom more firmly than I should have.

The jolt on her butt startles her and she immediately sits up. "Wh-what's wrong?" She asks as she rubs the sleep from her eyes.

"I'm sorry to wake you, baby girl," I sigh as I cup her cheeks in my hands and kiss her nose.

"Is Maeve okay?" She asks as she throws back the covers and dangles her legs over the bed.

The fact that her thoughts immediately go to Maeve makes my heart quicken. How the hell could I have gotten so lucky to not only have the two most perfect creatures in this world, but have them love each other so fiercley?

I swear I'm the one dreaming, and one day someone's gonna wake me up from this......

"She's fine, baby. It's you I'm worried about," I say as I pull her against me on my lap and cradle her in my shaking arms.

"What do you mean?"

As I tell her everything, including Maeve's encounter with him this evening, she's going more and more rigid in my arms. By the time I've told her all of it, she starts to visibly shake.

"What are we going to do?" She sobs into my chest as I hold her even tighter.

"We aren't going to do anything...I'll figure this out. In the meantime, I don't want you going to work. Hear me? We are all going to stick together until I can put an end to this."

"Finn, I can't just not go to work...I'm the Librarian." She says darkly as she pulls away from me and glares hard.

"Tough shit," I say more gruffly than I meant to, and her face falls.

"I'm sorry," I croon as I pull her back into me and rock her some more.

"Are we safe tonight?" She asks after her tears finally end and she's exhausted.

"You and Maeve are always safe. I'll stay up tonight and make sure of it. You get some sleep, Wrennie."

"Like I'm going to be able to sleep now," she groans against my neck.

I kiss her again and stand up, cradling her in my arms. When I place her back in bed and cover her up, I run my thumb along her still damp cheek. "You go to sleep and I'll keep you safe. Now and forever, Wrennie."

"I know it's not my night with you....At least I don't think it is....I'm kinda confused after our big fight....But could you stay here until I fall asleep?" she asks, almost looking embarrassed.

"Of course," I whisper as I lay next to her and rub her back until she finally relaxes enough to succumb to sleep.

***