|Chapter 7|

"Arjun, sweetheart, please get up" Priya said for the nth time as she nudged him slowly. "Still jet lagging?" Krish chuckled, "I guess so. Misha is in the washroom, she'll be with him till lunch, and then I'll be back here to attend that stupid con call again!" how that meeting dreaded her, only she knows, "Oh... what happened in yesterday's meeting?" Krish asked, hearing Zo giggle behind, "the internet was down, you should have seen their faces, it was stuck and, god! It was funny" she was laughing, Priya too joined her after few seconds. "Yeah, so today I have at 11pm! I swear it's gonna be the same old, have you written something? New ideas? Blah blah blah" Priya whined. Krish patted her back calming her down. "accha okay! Mood change, who is ready for the surprise!!!!" Zo exclaimed earning chuckles from both Krish and Priya.

"So, first off, who is this mystery cupcake man, my baby was taking about?" Zo asked, "which baby?" Priya snickered, "Haha... aren't you funny, but seriously, seems like Arjun has already made a friend." Priya shrugged, "I wouldn't call him a friend, they met once and he bought a cupcake and they split it." Krish was driving, while Zo and Priya sat behind just to annoy Krish, they knew how much he hated being alone in the front. "hey there K, all okay?" he glared at Priya, who looked at him all innocent, where Zo was trying her very best to not laugh hard. It has always been like this, well at least for the past five years, the trio, Priya, Krish and Zoya. Priya was always their biggest shipper, hell, if it wasn't for her, they would have never been together, in terms of being friends or romantic partners. Priya did have this gnawing feeling in her, that she would get sidelined when those two get together, but was fortunately proven wrong. Their friend remained constant throughout, and Priya was never made to feel left out. But she knew well, always gave them their space and was more than happy for them. Krish and Zoya weren't the lovey dovey couples, sure, they'd kiss, but not more than that, but of course, the one down was, they had a lot of sexual innuendos going on, which Priya found both gross and amusing.

"Zo, where the hell, are we?" an annoyed Krish asked, "babe, park the car. Pri, sit in the front. And I am driving" she smirked. Priya and Krish made a confused look but did as she said, one thing they have learnt is that Zoya is stubborn as hell, and at times scary too. "wait, you just wanted to drive. why should Priya always sit in the front?" he huffed. "It's simple. I love her" she said flashing a wide grin to her. "achha, achha teek hai baba, you both love each other. Now, can we please get to this surprise." He said monotonously to the ladies who very busy giggling. Zo started the car and began driving. The roads seemed familiar, the shops nearby, the place, it all came back to her, Priya had a hunch, she only hoped she was wrong. But alas, we don't always get what we want. There they stood, right in front of the same building. Krish and Priya shared a look to which Zoya was unaware of. Zoya dropped them at the entrance and went on to park the car. Krish saw Priya, who looked lost in her world, he knew she was nervous, confused and worried.

"Priya, let's go. We don't have to be here. I will talk to Zoya." He said, keeping his hand on her shoulder, Priya sighed, "Nahi... Zo looks too excited for whatever she has on her mind. I don't want to break her bubble. I can do this. I used to work here long before I met him, and never once clashed with him, so maybe I hope today luck favors me." She said. "Priya, you know if we tell Zoya, she would immediately understand. Are you sure?" he asked once more, she gave a reassuring smile. "are you sure for what?" Zo chirped in, "Oh well... uh... can we please see your surprise now, it's killing me!!" Priya said dramatically. "Okay then! Let's go" she said, they entered the building. Priya's heart beat increased by the passing moment, it reminded her of her past, her past that she so desperately wanted to leave behind, it came running back. The area before reception where, they fought for the bakery's rent, where he once proposed to her out of the blue, how they used to go to work together, and how he waited for her or she for him and went home together. Pushing those thoughts and memories down below, she followed Zoya and Krish.