Lost in the Maze

So it is morning already. "I am awake please be silent." 

Sam is my alarm clock.

"Then get ready asap, we are already running late."

We got ready. It is really difficult to do all these things without Sarah. I was tying my shoelace, and Sharon was watching me from a distance. Her glance is cold. We move towards Sam's car but there is a guy over there. Oh! Obviously, it is Jacob, Sam's boyfriend. They ran into each other.

Jacob said "Are you fineeee Sammy????? I was so worried about you. I tried calling and texting you. You did not answer."

Sam replied "I am fine Jack. I am soo sorry for the call thing, I was so stressed about the whole event I didn't check my phone. I am fine babe...."

I got into the car. I didn't want to interrupt or listen to these couple's romantic talk anyway. Sam turns a different person around Jacob. She seems caring. Sharon joined me too. After a few minutes, these lovebirds joined us too. I guess Sam forgot the fact that we are running late.

 Jack is driving the car. Good! I can now relax and enjoy this ride peacefully.
The distance of school from Sharon's home is far less than ours. We got there.

I am in 11th grade. Sam, Sharon, and Jacob are in their first year of college. It's not been more than a month since our college started. I entered my class. Everyone's staring at me. It is getting uncomfortable. This is not the kind of fame I asked for. Even the girls who hated me sympathized with me. It is making me miss my home even more. My mom. My headache's every time I think of here. All these incidents took place all of a sudden which makes it seem so unreal. Someone shook me, and thanks to them I was free from my train of thoughts.

"...so are you fine?"

Oh, it is Olivia my only best friend.
" Hey, Olivia. I... I am.." 

I am not fine. I can't lie to her. She is the only one( apart from Sarah) whom I trust and can share anything. I was not able to control my emotion and it flowed out. She did comfort me. Now it feels good. I had been storing it in my heart for a long time.

The professor entered the class and the lectures started. Olivia didn't speak much even though I know she is a chatterbox. There was a break. Not much happened, Olivia sat with me. I guess she wanted to talk a lot, ask a lot but she thought it to be a wrong time. Yes, she is right. I want to rush to my home and then to the police station...oh god it is going to be such a hectic day. The other half of the time after break too went smoothly.

As soon as the last professor gave her farewell I was the first one to pick up my bag and leave. I was hoping to escape Sam, or else she wouldn't let me go home. 

"Katherine wait."

It is Olivia. We are both now standing in the corridor. 

" Oh, Olivia. I am so sorry about leaving the class without you. I was a bit stressed ou.."

" No, it is not that. Actually ....there is a meeting today and everyone must be present."

What meeting? But whatever it might be it would not be as important as my plan's today.

"Olivia I am in a rush today so let's talk about this tomorrow."
"NOOO it is important."

Before I could have responded anything someone called my name and...CRAP it is Sam with Jacob

Sam said "Come on Kat. Let us go home."

Exactly!!!! I want to go home but she won't take me to OUR home. She is talking about Sharon's house. Damn, I have to escape her. But how? Just then I glance at Olivia.

"Sam I am so sorry I will be late cause I and Olivia have a meeting to attend. Right, Olivia?"

Haha, what a perfect timing. Now I can escape this devil.

" Oh is it so. Then let's meet at home. You know the way right?"

"We don't have any meeting. You should go home and rest Katherine. Let's meet tomorrow. See yaa"

WTH. What is going on here? Why would Olivia say such a thing? Sam is now pulling me to her car and also shouting. She is yelling a lot but the word that stands out the most is LIAR. I am not a liar but Olivia is. I have to ask her tomorrow about it.

We were in her car. The scene is now calm. Thanks to Jacob he calms my sister down. I asked her where is Sharon and she said that she had some work to be done so she would travel home after that. We reached home. Jacob stays next to Sharon. Now I get the main reason for Sam deciding to stay at Sharon's home until everything is fixed. I reminded her that we had to attend the police at 3 pm. We got fresh and I was waiting eagerly to meet my father. I said to Sam on our way to the police
"I am going to see Johan."

"It is of no use. I have already said to you he didn't even look at my face"

" Let me try it once please."

And she agreed. We were there and the inspector said that they were first gonna ask some questions to me and then to Sam. Till then Sam would wait outside.

Inspector Rose made me sit in front of her, Inspector Mathew was not with her today but there was someone else. She started speaking
"Good afternoon Miss Katherine. I hope you are fine now. I am Inspector Rose and this is sub-inspector Andrew."

"Good afternoon. Hello, hello". Andrew was the younger-looking man among all the inspectors I have met so far. He had blue eyes and ginger hair. He was tall and fair.

"I just wanted to let you know that you are not arrested and held captive so you can walk away anytime you want. But please try to answer as best as you can remember."

"Sure."

"So do you remember what happened that night before the incident?"

"Sam, Sarah, and I were together. Johan was at work. Sam was not in her best of moods. She was upset with Mom and Dad over something, so then Mom was trying her best to make up with her. Johan returned from work and he brought Sam's favorite sandwiches. She had locked herself in the room so Dad asked me to deliver them to her. I took them over to her. She had been avoiding food for the past 2 days. She protested having these sandwiches too but I calmed her down. So she did eat it. She was hungry so I let her have mine too. After that, we went to sleep. Then ....."

My headache. It started again. I can't see a thing now. I just see flashes of Sarah panicked. This strain is getting worse.

" Okay, Katherine that is enough for today. Have some water. We will continue with your sister. You can wait outside."

"Can I see my dad?"

"You sure can, but he's been a statue the whole time. He won't answer anything, nor show any emotions."

"I am well aware of that fact. I just want to see him once."

Another inspector showed me a way to my father's cell. I now see a thin man with his back on my side. His condition didn't seem much good. 

"Dad"

"It is of no use kiddo. You are just wasting .."

"Kath". It was Dad. His glance turned towards me and he was crying...