Sharon

12 years back.

We stayed at an isolated place so there were not many people around us. It was difficult to make friends. Sam had made a friend from her school and would always go to her house to play. One day Sarah let me join them too, and that was the first time I met Sharon. She had the same height as my sister. She had straight hair which differed from Sam's. We used to play a lot together and have fun. Sometimes (or most of the time) they both used to bully me with the injection. I used to cry, they were the ones to comfort me too.

Time passed by and Sam and Sharon were 12 years old. We still used to hang out, also return from school together. One day while returning Sharon said "Yesterday a family shifted next door. And their son seemed the same age as us."

Sam said, "Let us meet him today."

"But won't it feel a bit awkward if we just go and talk to him?"

"It would be decided after meeting him"

And that was the first time we met Jacob.
He soon became a part of us too. Everyone did hang out a lot of time in Sharon's place. Sam and Jacob were not a couple at that time so I didn't feel awkward hanging out with them. We four were always together until I met Olivia in my 2nd grade. Sometimes Olivia joined in too but mostly it was me, Jacob, Sharon, and Sam

Now I was in 6th grade. Jacob introduced his best friend to us. Sharon and his vibe matched too quickly. When we did indeed hang out we could notice them have their inside jokes and laugh. Sharon took a lot of time to be comfortable around anyone, but this boy was different.

One day when we were having a girl's day out. Sam asked Sharon "Do you have a crush on anyone Sharon?"

Sharon's cheeks were red. I always saw her as a bold girl. But she was silent now.
Sam started teasing her again "Why did you hide it from me? Come on say it. "

"I won't Sam. I just love him too much. Can't see him sad. Would sacrifice anything for him."

And she went on and on. Sam and I were just staring at each other in utter disbelief how did we not notice this? Sam said "You got me. Don't you worry "

We didn't have any clue what her line meant. Until our friends were gathered at Sharon's home as usual and were chit-chatting. Sam called us all together and said "Let us play truth and dare." I was not a fan of this game, but still, we did play. The bottle pointed to many of us ...questions were asked like, to tell their secrets, etc etc but then it pointed towards Sharon and she chose the truth.

"Do you have a crush on someone "

Sam asked as if she was waiting for this moment. Sharon replied "Yes".

Sam and Jacob winked at each other. I don't know what was going on in their mind. After a few more turns the bottle was pointing at Asa and he chose to dare. "Propose the girl you like," Sam said this almost excitedly. This was so random. Why would she ask him to..?? Wait a minute. This makes sense now. Sharon and Asa did spend a great amount of time together. They would always get separated from us when we were together. Sharon had a genuine smile when she was with Asa. Sharon was so in love with someone that she even mentioned sacrificing and stuff. Sharon loves Asa. Damn Sam you are so smart..

" I love you, Samantha"

WHAT is what everyone screamed. Sharon was shaken too. I knew it was not what Sam had planned. Jacob took him to a corner and they talked a bit. There was awkward silence and I hated it. We thought the shock for today was over but then Jacob and Sam got up and said

"We had to let you know guys about this. But we have feelings for each other. I thought today would be the best day to confess, as...huh ...it didn't go according to plan but we have decided to start dating"

Jacob added "And Sam you are the most beautiful gift I can ever ask for. I can't think of a day without you"

Our expressions changed. I saw the chemistry between Sharon and Asa but didn't see this coming. Sharon congratulated them both and then talked to Asa. Now they were in a relationship too. ( Not that day itself, obviously)

After that, we did hang out together. Everything was usual. I did get bored between these couple so I often asked Olivia to accompany me.

Years passed by and I saw Sam and Jacob grow more and more in love with each other. She supported him for many things. She supported him cause he got tired very soon and would be dizzy in the sun, he needed someone by him. She had her helping hands ready. I see a different Sam when she is with Jacob. All caring, sweet. Jacob stay's at number 1 in her priority list.