2: A Thousand Times

"If you ever move on to another one that you'll find. I hope you fall and you break your heart like you broke mine. "

" He doesn't want to speak with you right now

" He doesn't want to speak with you right now. You really hurt my baby. " Tristian's mother spoke from the blocked entrance of her home.

" I just want to tell him I'm sorry. I can't excuse what I've done, but if he'll just hear me out. " Emon begged, refusing to leave until he spoke with the boy whom he'd hurt beyond measure.

" No. " Tristian's mother protested firmly. " I think you should just go. He'll talk when he's ready. You can't force him to listen. "

" I know that but... "

" Bye Emon. " The door slammed loudly in his face. His heart sunk each moment he wasn't able to speak with Tristian. Each passing moment he wasn't able to explain his side of the story was like a flickering flame dying out each hour.

He descends from the porch walking towards the driveway. He could feel eyes watching him as he walk towards the car. He turned around meeting Tristian's eyes staring down at him. The sheer disappointment and pain were visible to him. He'd done the one thing that was done to him so long but shortly ago. Empty promises from another plugging his ears and blocking his reasoning. A safe space turned into a night of regret. How could he ever forgive himself?

The curtains from above closed shutting off his access. His heart skipped several beats at the thought of never being able to touch the person he'd grown to love. His actions got him to this point. He had no one to blame but him and occasionally Jack Daniels. He'd try again when he could but for now, he'd let this issue rest. He took off down the road heading to the hospital to visit his mother.

Upon arrival, he made his way toward the room his mother was stationed. He walked inside with the scent of Lilac and Lavender filling his nostrils. His mother sat up in her bed watching her stories as she called them. Once she saw him her smile lit up the room. " Hey, baby. " She greeted as he embraced her in a hug.

" How are you feeling today? " He asked, changing out her flower sitting in the vase.

" I feel good. It was just a little cough. " She explained, downplaying her recent battles with Pneumonia.

He didn't like to show her that he was extremely worried about her. If he showed fear she'd show worry. He had to maintain face. " I'm glad to hear that. "

" How are you? Did you go over there again? " She asked, not liking to linger in conversation over her health problems. She'd be fine that much was sure.

     " I went. " He sighed, taking a seat in the chair nearest the bed. " He still wasn't open to talking. I don't know how long he'll be upset with me. I just want to explain. "