Chapter 2 The Two elites

Ayanokouji P.O.V

"Today, the academy starts. I should better get ready."

I got off from my bed and went to prepare myself.

Yesterday, after parting ways with Shiroyanagi, I went directly to my room without doing anything special. I spent the day just thinking about a few things, and today I would start anew inside the academy.

"I think Akira Shiroyanagi is someone to watch out for..." I muttered to myself.

After getting ready, I went to the bus stop. Getting inside, I took the seat from the last third, which was reserved for me.

Looking around, I noticed some other students who were also going to the same academy as me since we were all wearing the same uniform.

ANHS is completely different from any normal high school. If you are able to graduate from Class A, you can get into anywhere you want, and that's why everyone tries their best to reach for the same thing. But in the end, only one class will receive that privilege.

"Excuse me... Could you give up your seat?" I heard a girl's voice asking for a seat from a distance. I turned my eyes towards her, and what I saw surprised me.

"That's a priority seat. I think you should let this elderly lady sit there," the girl said sweetly.

"My, my, you are a pretty girl..." the man with blonde hair said.

"While it may be a priority seat, there is no law requiring me to relinquish it," he continued.

"But just look at her. She is so old and can barely stand," the girl said with concern.

"You want me to give up my seat just because I am young? Nonsense, pure and simple. Even if I am young, standing consumes more stamina than sitting."

"So why should I do something so detrimental with no benefit to myself?"

The girl paused for a bit to answer.

"I think you'd be contributing to society," the girl said.

"I have zero interest in contributing to society."

"Besides... What about those sitting in the other seats? The difference between priority seats and others seems rather trivial to me."

"Thank you, girl, but I am fine," the old lady said.

"Excuse me! Would any of you be willing to give up your seat?" the girl asked the others.

I had no intention of helping either, so I kept silent. While I was at it, I noticed a black-haired girl sitting on the other side of me, reading a book. She also didn't seem interested in getting involved.

"Um, you can have mine," a passenger raising her hand said.

"Thank you." The girl then guided the old lady to her seat.

The girl seemed like she was very kind and always willing to help people, but for some reason, I felt there was more to her than meets the eye.

After a while, I removed all the thoughts from my mind and stood up from my seat as the bus arrived at the destination.

I started walking towards the door, and as I opened it, a gentle breeze hit me, making the day feel good. Stepping out of the bus, I began walking until...

"Hey, Ayanokouji, let's go together." A familiar voice came from behind. I stopped my movements and let the person catch up to me.

The person had a smile on his face, as if he was very excited for today. I don't know why, but that can wait. I can simply ask him directly.