five

Jisoo ran into your room, throwing the door open to see you sitting up on the bed, hers and your eyes wide — Jisoo's from waking up in the middle of the night to your screams, and you from waking up from another nightmare, but this time, it wasn't her you saw, it was that vampire serial killer who nearly added you on his victim list — the two of you staring at each other before you burst into tears.

As you opened your mouth, Jisoo flew to you in less than a second before wrapping her arms around you, burying your face into her neck, your hands reaching for her shirt as you tried to slow your erratic breathing down.

"It's okay, it's okay, you're okay," She whispered, hand caressing your hair. "You're safe. He's far away. Y/N, he won't ever lay a finger on you or anyone ever again. You're safe, little gem."

It's been a week since your unlucky encounter with that vampire serial killer, and for that past week, every other day you would be having a realistic nightmare about that memory. The feeling of his hands around your throat as he slowly but surely cut off your airway, his fangs that had been so dangerously close to your neck, and how he nearly killed you right there and then in that back alleyway.

At the sound of the nickname that was given to you by Jisoo and your older sister when you three were much younger, you cried even more in her arms, the feeling of being safe and comforted letting you be more vulnerable. The only place you could do that was with her and your older sister.

However, it was just you and Jisoo now, with your older sister gone.

With that thought, the tears kept flowing and Jisoo just continued to let you cry your heart out.

Not long after that though, the hands clinging unto her loosened before falling to her sides, and when she looked down at your side profile, you were fast asleep again.

Sighing fondly, she laid you back down on your bed, tucking you in as she placed a chaste kiss on your forehead, a soft white glow surrounding your unconscious body once she finished the gesture, along with the blue glow from your moonstone necklace.

"You're safe," She whispered again, voice firm.

Jisoo would make sure of it. You and her lost your older sister already, she wasn't going to lose you next.

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌

"Do I really have to have an escort to the bookstore?" You asked Jisoo with a pout, your wings down in apprehension.

Jisoo shot you a glare and you tried to make yourself smaller. "I know you aren't asking me that after what you went through."

"Okay, I'll have the escort," You gave in after the way Jisoo was staring you down, you feeling highly intimidated at the girl. "Who are they and when are they getting here? I need to be there early or else the book will be sold out! It's the limited edition!"

You flew down from the second floor of the Magic Shop, leaving Jisoo behind who was wiping the tables there, looking outside to see who it could be.

"They'll be here soon—!" She called out from upstairs, the jingle of the bell from the door cutting her off and you turned to see four familiar faces.

Your eyes widened in shock, and before any of the four could greet you, you flew back upstairs to Jisoo, leaving a trail of fairy dust in your path that slowly disappeared before they could touch the floor.

"When you said escort, it was singular, not plural!" You whispered harshly. "Why are they all here?!"

"I asked Jin and the others but they were busy so they sent those four instead," She shrugged, not seeing the big deal.