Chapter Twenty-Six: The End

After the ceremony, we were allowed an additional thirty minutes with EZ. This gave me the chance to give EZ the homemade cookies and banana bread that I had taken to delivering every week to keep my new brother-in-law's spirits up. The guards let me get away with it because I always bought a basket of baked goods for them too.

"Oh," I remembered as Angel, and I stood up to leave, "I know how bored you get, and my younger sister, Tabitha, loves writing letters. She told me to tell you to free to write her. The address is on a slip of paper in the bottom of the basket."

EZ smiled. "Thanks, sis." He leaned in and kissed my cheek. Then he hugged his father before moving on to Angel. "Congrats, bro. Treat her right, or I'll steal her from you."

***

We'd gone from the prison to the Mayans clubhouse, where a raucous party was being held to celebrate our marriage.

It was nearing midnight when we arrived home. We couldn't believe what we found when we opened the front door.

Plaster, wood, and paint chips were all over the living room floor. The wall that separated the room from the kitchen now had a happing hole in it...and our idiot dog was chilling out in it. Chico's front paws were in the living room, and his back paws were in the kitchen. His tail was wagging, and he looked very pleased with himself. The cats just sat on the coffee table, watching in silent judgment.

"Holy fuck!"

"God damn!"

We both spoke at the same time.

We had to clean up the mess, and Angel had to check for structural damage before we headed into the bedroom to consummate our marriage.

Angel had been lying between my legs as we shared slow kisses when he broke away to speak. "What do you think of having a kid?"

He caught me off guard with that one, so I responded with a joke at first. "Our furbaby just ate through the drywall, and you want us to try our luck with a human child?"

"Yes."

I knew I wanted to have kids with Angel one day, and with the band going on an extended hiatus, now would be the right time to try. "I want a baby with you, but I won't be getting pregnant tonight," I broke the bad news to him.

Angel gave me an inquisitive look as he softly rubbed his hand on my flat stomach.

"The birth control I take needs time to wear off," I explained.

"But you'll stop taking it?" Angel looked hopefully.

I nodded and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Yes, husband, now could we return to what we were doing?"

"You got it, wife," Angel growled before swooping down to passionately kiss me.

FINIS