thirty

"UNO BITCH!" Dylan slammed down her card onto the tabletop aggressively. Joe sat across from her, pouting while holding 10 cards, as Dylan gave plus-three cards twice to him when he had four cards left. He threw the cards across the table, causing a mess onto the table. The two were sitting on her tour bus while driving to her first show in Oregon.

Joe wanted to support her at her first show, but he was flying back to Los Angeles the day after because he was needed for filming. The two of them knew he couldn't be at every show because of this and his filming schedule. So they planned on him flying out, and driving with on the bus when it was possible.

Thankfully, it wasn't just Dylan when Joe wasn't there either. She had a small band now, as she couldn't do it all by herself. There was Reed Calloway as the second guitarist and Thea Zimmerman on the drums. She had grown close with the two over the past few weeks, organizing everything and getting it all together.

"That wasn't fair," Joe started to whine at the card game. Dylan laughed at how he acted with card games. She started cleaning up the cards and put them back into their box. "Oh I think you'll be okay," She got up to put the box away and made sure to ruffle Joe's hair on the way.

Dylan moved to the cabinets to grab a bag of fruit snacks, "Get me some." Joe demanded. She threw the small plastic bag at him and then moved to the couch where Joe had switched to. Dylan situated herself to where her head was in his lap and her feet propped up on the arms of the sofa.

"You ready for tomorrow?" Joe asked while throwing a fruit snack up into the air and catching it in his mouth.

Dylan swallowed, "Yeah I am, just really nervous. I'm scared I'm gonna fuck something up." She continued to nervously eat her snack. Joe furrowed his eyebrows and looked down at his girlfriend.

He tilted her chin up with his pointer finger, catching her attention as she looked at him. "Everything is going to go smoothly, and you're gonna do great, Wanna know why?"

"Why?"

"Because you're Dylan fucking Hart. You can do anything and are the most talented person I know."

Dylan smiled at his cheesy words that somehow made her nerves settle down a bit. She leaned up to give him a kiss, which was a bit difficult to do when laying down. She readjusted herself vertically to give him better access to her lips.

Their kisses sped up and got a bit sloppier. Dylan pulled back to look at Joe and couldn't help but smile at the sight of him. She moved her thumbs to brush the side of his face and looked more closely, to where she could see the faint scar above his left eyebrow and the dimple in his grin.

"What is it?" He asked, returning the same loving gaze.

"Nothing, It's nothing." She returned with a small smile. She moved her mouth back onto his, with their kisses being slow, and faint.

Joe's hands moved down to her hips, where he guided her body onto his lap. This new position led to new kisses, returning back to the fast pace it was originally at.

Dylan felt Joe's tongue ask for permission to her mouth, which she happily granted. Thus leading to a bit more eagerness in the way their lips moved against each other.

Joe's lips parted from Dylan and instead made their way down the side of her neck. Dylan let out small breaths as he went lower, as she guided him with his hair.  His mouth lingered when he got to her collarbones, and then his mouth was gone leaving Dylan frustrated.

He adjusted their position once more, to where they were lying vertically on the couch as Joe was holding himself up on his elbows looking down at Dylan.

Joe now looked at Dylan with a new look in his eyes. A look that Dylan couldn't quite decipher. He moved back to her mouth slowly while tucking a loose piece of hair behind her ear. It wasn't eager nor slow.

Joe mumbled something into Dylan's lips, and a small "Hm?" was returned his way. He pulled away once again, "I love you." Joe studied her for a reaction, and were her pupils dilating?

It was quiet, if they weren't so close Joe probably wouldn't have heard it. "I love you," The three words he so wanted to hear back and he did. Two large grins crossed both their faces. Dylan pulled Joe's face closer to give him a peck, and then another on his nose, and then another on his forehead, and both sides of his face.

Joe went to sit back up normally and felt Dylan melt into his side as he wrapped an arm around her. He looked at her once more and kissed her forehead. Quietness enveloped the two, but it was the best form of quietness for there to be.

˗ˏˋ authors note ˎˊ˗
this is kinda short but i love it tbh, they finally said it!!! also i know stranger things is filmed in georgia but for the sake of this story its filmed in los angeles