𝗳𝘂𝗰𝗸-𝗳𝘂𝗰𝗸 𝘀𝗵𝗶𝘁

laying in the warmth and comfort of your bed, you thought about today. the whispering wasn't as bad as you expected, and after school was fun.

but you had still been awaiting a call from will.

you always felt the need to protect him, since you both had been through so much. your relationship with barb was the same way, unfortunately, you weren't able to save her, and she sacrificed herself for your sake.

rest in peace, barbara holland.

today was overall a pretty good day, your dad hadn't bothered you, which you found surprising.

one thing was on your mind though, eleven would've called you to apologize, but you also never got that call. sure, eleven had trouble expressing her feelings, but it wouldn't take this long. she would apologize and get over it, just like every other human being.

you rolled over, facing your plug in phone. after dialing hoppers home number, it beeped. something wasn't right.

hoppers cabin was about a 10 minute drive for the average person, but for you it was an easy 4 minute drive. would driving there just to check up be a good thing? or would you get scolded for not watching eleven? technically, the eleven thing wasn't your fault. you told her she couldn't go, and she disobeyed you. so it wasn't your fault if she got in trouble.

she was basically asking for it.

you grabbed another pack of camels from inside your drawer and lit one, moving over to your window.

looking across the street, you saw none other than max cruising down the road on her skateboard before someone who seemed to look like her, assuming it was her mother, called her in for dinner.

max most likely wasn't hungry because after the arcade, you took them to your favorite diner, letting them get whatever they chose.

dinner was on your tab.

and just like you called, max refused to go inside. "no, mom, i already ate, im not hungry!"

her foot landed on the middle of her skateboard as she pushed her back foot off the ground, accelerating down the road. what she could do on the skateboard was truly fascinating to you.

someone walked out of the front door, he had a larger frame than billy. it was definitely billys father.

"max, come inside and eat the food susan made. now!"

he was the definition of toxic, you could just tell by the way his boots scuffed on the wooden patio. the sigh that escaped his mouth was screaming toxic. his whole look, his demeanor, the guy, in general, just seemed toxic.

maybe calling people toxic based on their looks was your personality trait, but you didn't give a fuck.

and now that you've started to think about it, your father and billys father would make a great pair. a great pair of fucking jail buddies. hopefully, they would get on each other's nerves to throw a punch at one another and fight till the death.

max reluctantly walked up the wooden staircase and inside the house, skateboard in hand.

you put your cigarette out of a piece of the brick hanging above your head and went back inside. closing your windows and locking them, you went back to the safety of your bed.

sooner or later falling asleep.

-

you woke up to the sound of someone throwing something on your window.

"fuck.. why so early?" you groaned, making your way over to your window. a distressed looking max being the first one you saw, a scared look on her face. with billy standing behind her, well, not standing. he was more leaning on her, most of his body weight on the 8th grader.