Chapter III - Prince of Asgard

A week after that, Nick called Carina and told her she could return now. He also told her that he need her help on something.

She quite enjoyed her days away from the busy city, but know she won't be able to stay away for long. So with a sigh, Carina immediately pack up and book the first flight the next morning.

To say she was shocked is an understatement. The city looked like it was hit by multiple disasters at once. Debris still littered the grounds. Some buildings have cracks here and there. And the road also full of cracks.

"Uh.. Did I miss something?" Was the first thing Carina said when she saw Nick.

"A swarm of aliens invaded earth." Nick sighed tiredly.

"Aliens?"

"Yes, Star. Aliens." He deadpanned.

Ever since Nick told her that Carina is a name of a constellation, he began calling her Star. And Carina really liked that nickname. She never had that nickname before.

Carina shrugged and sat down on the chair facing Nick. She propped her elbows on the desk and put her head on her hand. Leaning in curiously.

"So.. Why do you need my help? The invasion is over.. Right?" She tilted her head.

"Yes. I told you about the tesseract before." Nick started.

"I remember."

"Well, the short version of it. A certain god stole it and used his staff to mind control some people. And caused chaos. He later opened a portal using the tesseract, where an army of aliens called Chitauri was ready to invade earth. Fortunately, the group of superheroes I assemble managed to stop his plan of domination and close the portal."

"... Wow." Carina looked at him speechless.

Nick raised a brow at that. He leaned back into his chair and mentally counted to five.

"And why didn't you let me join in on the fun!!" Carina whined exactly when Nick reached five.

"Because you will only cause even more destruction. You've seen what happened to the city outside." Nick reasoned.

"But Nick.." She grumbled at him.

"No, Carina. If you joined, there's a high chance they're going to send you to Raft. I'm not taking that chance."

"Fine. So.. My help?"

"I need you to speak to the said god." Nick handed her a file.

Carina took the paper and immediately devoured the information in her hand. Her eyebrows raised in surprise. She glanced at Nick in disbelief.

"He's a literal god?!" She gasp.

"Yes. The god of mischief. Loki."

Carina looked back at the paper for one last time before giving it back to Nick. She leaned back and tap a steady rhythm on her thigh to help her think.

"I'll go see him. I don't know why but I have a feeling that there's something more..."

Nick nodded and gestured her to follow him. They went through twists and turns before finally reaching a room with a glass cell.

A raven haired man dressed in green robes sat on the single bed inside the cell. Some kind of muzzle was placed on his mouth. He snapped his green eyes with a tint of blue towards them.

'That looks unnatural.' Carina thought.

The man's eyes never leave Carina's form. Carina could detect bunch of emotions, all jumbled up, coming from him. Pain, regret, loneliness, fear, exhaustion, and longing. Pain and fear being the most evident.