4.12

"There should really be a sign or some shit down here, because I can't see a thing." I groaned as I rubbed my left eye, trying to get either dust or dirt out of it so I could properly see. But the more I rubbed it the worse it got, so I decided to leave it but I couldn't see as well.

"Hey, uh, guys?" Jerry called out and pointed his flashlight up.

Everyone looked up at what he was pointing at, a figure with had hold of flame on a branch, staring down. I assumed it was Alpha. Then I heard Carol scream at her before Alpha left, probably with her usual sick grin. After she left Magna instantly made her way over to the cave wall we fell from in an attempt to climb it. Others helped her but I decided to stay back, stepping away so they could have room.

Suddenly she fell onto the floor with a groan, "I almost had it!"

"Nah, it's too high. You'll risk breakin' your neck. We'll find another way." Dad disagreed and held up his flashlight around and then at me. "You alright?"

"Nah, I can't see crap. I'm officially a blind person." I dropped my hand from my eyes and gave up.

I felt him take my arm and guide me away from the edge, which I didn't realise I was near, and pulled me to the side before lifting up the light. I felt a hand on my shoulder stay there, eventually realizing it to be Kelly's.

"You got something?" Aaron asked.

"Groundwater's deeper in here. It's coming from outside." Dad told everyone.

"I don't see a way across." Carol said and squinted.

"There must be someway. Alpha managed to get up there somehow." I shook my head with a sharp sigh.

"Whoa, go back." Aaron said, gesturing to the light. "We could use those to jump across."

"Nice." Jerry said.

"Wait. For real?" Kelly asked nervously.

"I'm sorry, what?" I repeated and rubbed my eye more. Kelly squeezed my shoulder in reassurance.

"Alright, ready?" Dad asked and put his torch on the rock. "Let's go."

My dad went first, then Carol, Magna and next was Jerry.

Jerry patted my shoulder, "Ladies first?" He offered hopefully.

"In your dreams sunshine." I pushed his back and he sighed. I heard his grunt and then a thud on the other side, making his way across the rocks.

"Connie said she'll go first, then you." Kelly said and then I heard a jump. "Come on."

Things were blurry but not completely dark, I had a flashlight in my hand from Kelly that was in front of me. I could make out the silhouettes and movements from the walkers below which terrified me.

"Jump!" Aaron yelled as he fought off some walkers.

I looked down at the rock, I stepped back before running and jumping onto the rock firmly. I regained my balance and panted nervously, wiping my sweaty hands on my legs.

"I'm definitely retiring after this." I muttered to myself and went onto the other one in front. I nearly fell as I got startled from the impact of Kelly jumping onto the rock behind me, the walker's snarls suddenly got louder.