Chapter 39

Summer's POV

"No!" I disagreed. "Fall, you misunderstood!" 

I sighed when he went inside to the elevator and did not even listen to my explanation. I guess I'll just text him later. He needs time... and I need that too.

"Winter, nandito ka na pala." Napatingin ako nang si Winter ang lumabas sa elevator na nasa harapan ko.

"Yeah..." he nodded. "I saw Fall walking out of the condominium. I thought he was going to sleep at my place. What happened?"

I shrugged. "You don't have to worry. I got this."

"You've lost your temper, huh?" he chuckled slightly.

"What do you mean?" I raised a brow.

He crossed his brows, holding his car keys on his other hand. "If someone walked out, you'd get really irritated. You might even kick the first object you would see. You'd say that they're overreacting or something. You're changing, Summer."

I stared into blank space when I realized that. I guess I did. I'm slowly losing my bad temper.

"Ikaw rin naman, ah." I shrugged. "Before, you would only speak with a maximum of three sentences. Pero ngayon, sumosobra ka na."

The slight smile on his face disappeared when I teased him. Nilagpasan niya na rin ako sa paglalakad at naunang pumasok sa condo niya.

"Sandali!" I ran and blocked the door so that he wouldn't close it. "Let's talk."

He sighed and raised a brow. "We have nothing to talk about."

Just when I thought that he is no longer shielding himself from other people, he came back to his usual self. How cold.

Even if he did not seem to welcome me, pumasok ako sa condo niya. I could see him shook his head in my peripheral view. "So... may kasalanan ako sa'yo." I started.

Umupo ako sa black na couch niya. "You confessed to me... that night."

Hindi naupo si Winter, tumayo lang siya hindi kalayuan sa harapan ko. "I know."

I stood up because of what he said. "Alam mo naman pala, e! Edi bakit sinasabi mo kay Spring na umamin ka sa kaniya? How would she know that you confessed to her when I was the person you confessed to that night?!"

"I knew that you used your power to copy Spring. I told her at the bar that I confessed to her the night before that day, so that you would panic and confess to her that you copied her identity. That's wrong, Summer. I wanted you to own to your mistakes." He looked at me. "I wanted you to know... that the person I like is Spring. Not anyone else."

"Edi ikaw na," pag-tataray ko. "Ikaw na may alam ng lahat."

"I liked you." Natigilan si Winter at tinignan ako nang bigla akong umamin. "I liked you. Noon iyon, hindi na ngayon."

"You're wrong," he disagreed. "Matagal mo na akong hindi gusto, hindi mo lang namamalayan. Hindi mo lang matanggap. You couldn't accept that you've fallen for a playboy... that is also our friend."

"Bakit nag-mamarunong ka?!" pag-tataray ko. "Buhay ko 'to, pala-desisyon ka mas'yado."

"Have I told you that I can also read your mind?" My mouth formed an 'o' with what he said. "I've been hearing everything on your mind. Halos mabingi na ako sa lahat ng naririnig ko."

I scratched my head. "Seryoso? Lahat talaga?"

"Yes... even unnecessary and vulgar voices from your head. I hear everything. I hear your thoughts, everyone's thoughts."

Napangiwi na lang ako nang tumango siya. Kaya pala expected na niya lahat ng pangungulit at pag-lalandi ko sa kaniya tapos agad-agad siyang nakaka-iwas. Nakakahiya!

"By the way, I also know that you were tailing my car earlier, that's why I took a different route to lose you," he said. 

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, Mr. know-it-all."

He shrugged then, he took a sticky note from his study table and gave it to me.

"By the way..." he started. "I already received the scientist's tasks for each of us. You know, in exchange of losing our powers. I haven't showed this to the others yet."

Kinuha ko ang sticky note nasa kamay niya. Nahulog ko ito mula sa kamay ko nang mabasa ito.

What the actual fuck?