𝐑𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 #𝟏𝟖: 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

Song: Boy In the Bubble by Alec Benjamin

"Is she here yet?"

"Is she here yet?"

Eileen in a pink dress looked up from the TV as I bounded into the living room, a smile on her face. "Not yet, A chroí," she said. My dear.

Ayika who sat next to her in a pair of black shorts and a polo raised a brow to her hairline. "Meanwhile, is that what you're wearing?"

I looked down at my outfit, as usual, a green hoodie with a shield that had two wings crossed over them on it paired with grey sweatpants then stared back at her.

"What's wrong with it?" I asked, feeling pinpricks of anxiety poke underneath my skin. "Do I look terrible? Should I change? Maybe I should change."

Ayika's eyes went wide while Eileen shook her hands at me. "You've changed like five times, Blake," she reminded me. "You look fine."

Her soothing tone did nothing to quell my already overthinking brain.

She's going to hate it.

"I'm going to change," I said, fishing out the phone from my pocket and tapping on it to check the time. I had a couple of minutes, so maybe...

The doorbell rang and my head shot up, fear coursing through my veins.

"It's okay," Eileen soothed me while Ayika went for the door, cane in hand. "Just breathe."

I really, really tried to but my heart beat faster than air went in as voices floated louder and the familiar rhythmic smack of the cane against marble came closer. Soon, they came into view.

Now, I quit breathing altogether.

With Ayika on one side, Jaz walked into the room looking around with her curious eyes at the house while I took in her outfit.

Her hair fell straight past the caps of her blue dress with little white flowers showing off her muscular arms that hit the floor paired with a pair of boots.

On her other side, Jason walked in with a bouquet of pink flowers in one hand while his sister held the other and upon seeing me, smiled widely and waved.