𝐑𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 #𝟐𝟒: 𝐒𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐭 𝐇𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐬

Song: You're Enough by Sleeping At Last

"I need you to tutor me

"I need you to tutor me."

Her brows arched. "What?"

I replayed the words in my head then, and my cheeks flushed. "Sorry-" I started, putting my hands up. "That sounded rude. Could you please-"

"Move it!" Someone said, weaving past me with a dirty look.

"Sorry."

Jaz sent a withering glare at the person before shaking her head and turning back to me.

"Let's find somewhere to talk."

Gratefully, I agreed and we weaved through the crowd, going through the hallways, she was careful from being crushed, and I kept on searching the corners where Dr Calvin might still be lurking around.

We soon ended up in the cafeteria, or rather outside of it where people usually sat to eat, overlooking the parking lot down below.

Across me, she took a seat and I mirrored her actions on the opposite side, my backpack at my side.

"Alright." She crossed her arms. "What's this about tutoring?"

Gulping, I put my hands underneath my lap and as quickly as possible explained.

"It's an assignment," I let out, almost quietly. A brow arched so I continued. "Biology. I'm not good at it and I heard you're taking AP so..."

"So, you thought I'd tutor you," she completed dryly, then sighed. "Who told you that I was good at bio?"

"Miranda." Then I added. "Sam and Bryan too."

"Figures." Her brow cocked up. "Why not ask Sanders? He's smart."

I gave her a knowing stare. "If I asked him, do you think he'll say yes?"

"Oh, but I will?"

"Jaz, please," I begged. "Nik' is a good person but I don't know him like I know you."

Jaz scoffed before snapping her fingers. "You could apply for a tutor in the admin."

That was true but the whole process of trying to meet another person, most likely a stranger didn't bode well for my anxiety.