2 - to new beginnings

I was excited

I was excited.

I haven't seen Lina in a bit, which I hated. I hated not being able to just walk down the stairs and check on my sister, hang out with her, make sure she was doing okay.

It was the only downfall of going to Ohio.

Well, missing Lina and someone I shouldn't be.

Which is why I was planning this surprise. I know Lina and Avrey hang out all the time, and her story on Snapchat confirmed that. So I texted her, asking her what she was up to and where she'd be.

Yes, I missed my sister. And I was so excited to see her.

But I'm selfishly also excited to see Avrey.

I know I shouldn't. I know it. Lina warned me so many times about crossing the line and making things weird for her. And with everything she's been through? Who am I to be selfish and make it worse.

But damn, Avrey is a hard woman to forget.

It doesn't help that every time I do try to get her off my mind, I can never follow through with it. It hasn't felt the same, not since her. And it's fucking irritating, because when I wanna get laid, I end up having to give myself some handies and cold showers because I just can't.

She shouldn't have this affect on me. It's been almost a year.

But holy hell, she fulfilled so many of my fantasies that night. And I don't think anyone else can compare with that.

My mind was brought back to reality when I felt Hayden's shaking leg moving the entire car. I glare at him.

"What's wrong with you?"

"I'm nervous, man." He rubs his hands together. "I really want her to be surprised. But I miss her so much."

"So do I," I point.

"You know what I mean." He chuckles nervously.

Yeah. I really do.

"Don't worry. I know my sister—she'll freak out, jump all over you and kiss you. And I don't wanna know what the hell comes after all that."

Hayden smiles, making me roll my eyes. Fucking horn dogs.

Was I mad about Hayden and Lina? Not in the slightest. It made sense when he stood up for Lina that day with my mom. I knew he'd always take care of her somehow. I know Hayden, he's a good guy. He's taken care of his mom for years. I knew he'd do the same for Lina.

If there was any person I'd trust her with blindly, it's him.

But that didn't mean I needed to know what they did behind closed doors. They can barely keep their hands off each other when they're around people, I don't wanna know anything else after that.