Chapter 3

Short chapter today, sorry. Next one will be longer.

Roy was having an awful day.

He was bound, had a bag over his head, and his ignition gloves were sliced off. Plus, his head was throbbing like he was having a hangover worth 50 years.

At least, this truck ride gave him some time to think.

Honestly, the fact that this mission was a trap wasn't completely unexpected. In the first place, a weaponry being in an isolated and faraway location for people who didn't even have proper facilities for transportation didn't make sense. Not to mention that the intel was sketchy.

What really didn't add up, though, was that he was still alive.

The ambush consisted of five trained Ishvalan monks hidden in the supposed 'military transmission building' where he was dropped. The pipelines had deliberate leakage and weakened joints, which they used to drench him and promptly attack him together. Ishvalan monks were highly trained warriors, thus, five of them against one of him was not even something one had to think about. So why was he alive? Their faces showed enough loathing to seem to want to kill him, yet here he was, captured and being taken to who knows where.

He decided to test his luck.

"Are you going to kill me?" Moving his mouth was not easy with his busted lips, but he had to try to get something out of this situation.

Getting a reaction out of his captors was the best way to start, he decided [ he could hear Hughes chewing his ear off for the lack of self-preservation].

"Shut up," hissed one of the men venomously in Ishvalan tongue. He imagined that he would be at the receiving end of a death glare if he could see.

"It won't be of much use," he continued.

"You see, even if you kill me, it won't be of any use. The military would just call in another state alchemist, and would continue the purge until all Ishvalans are dead."

'If my death could've ended all of this, I would've killed myself a long time ago,' was the thought that ran unbridled in his mind.

For a moment, there was no movement and no sound. Then-

WHUMP!

He let out a surprised gasp of pain at the blinding ache that overwhelmed his senses as...something collided with his face. His now bleeding nose throbbed and a metallic taste filled his mouth.

A large hand grabbed his face harshly.

"One more word," the voice dropped to a growl. "And I'll rip your tongue off."

The hand released his face just as harshly and Roy, with great difficulty, tried to even out his breath through the pain.

'Well, that didn't go very well. But at least this confirms my suspicions,' he thought dully.

Yeah, Roy was indeed having an awful day.

Roy: about to kick ass

Water: Imma ruin this man's whole career   🌧 💧 💧  🌊

Another art from pinterest of Roy being forsaken by the fates: