part 11: confrontation

I woke up to see velvet staring at me with those beautiful amber eyes. Never thought i'd get the chance to dance with velvet at a ball. even though it was a dream. That was one of the best dreams I ever had. But right now. We had a doll to break. We got up. Velvet went to go have breakfast with laphicet. While i go to wake up riku. But he was already waking up.

"Feel better?" i ask.

"I'm sorry..." riku replied.

"Don't be. Being tired...being hungry...there all signs that your sentient...that your free to make your own choices." i said. I heard both his and mine stomach rumbles. "Speaking of hunger...let's go get some breakfast." i said.

"yeah." riku said. We got breakfast. And headed for port zekson. Eizen has sent slyphjay to get info. We arrived to port zekson. But there's still scouting the checkpoints. So we had some time for a break. It was sunset. Me and velvet decided to check on riku and laphicet. But that means we'd have to walk by...magilou. Ugh. and sure enough she couldn't just let us pass by without making me want to kick her in the face.

"I gave the kid's an apple. Aren't I the nicest girl alive?" magilou asked. Both me and bienfu sweatdropped at that. Nicest? Hell no. most irritating? Hell yeah.

"An apple..." velvet said with sadness in her voice. I don't blame her. Eating an apple always made me cry...reminding me of the good times. When things were easier. I really do miss those days in aball...

"Would you like one? All you have to do is crow like a roo-" magilou tried to say. But i interrupted.

"I will slit your annoying throat. And dump your worthless body in the bay!" I yelled. This witch really is an idiot. Or a masochist. To be fair. It could easily be both. We walked by.

Magilou pov.

"Miss magilou. Why do you do that? You know he can easily kill you right?" bienfu asked.

"It's a game were playing. And if he does kill me. Well. i win!" i replied.

"Either at artorius hand or mu's. I'm going to die!" bienfu yelled. It was amusing seeing him panic. I can't tell whats more entertaining. Bienfu panicking. Or mu's rage.

Velvet pov.

Me and mu. Walked up to laphicet and riku. Who were eating apples. And talking about to sea. About how it's both scary and exciting.

"Is it good?" i asked. Riku then swallowed his piece of apple.

"It's tart...yet sweet." he said. As offered an apple to mu. Laphicet then offered one to me. I took it and bit into it. It's like what riku said. Thank you mu for your mistletoe spell. We all bit into our apples. Its funny how laphicet and riku are alot alike.

"I-i'm afraid of the sea...the waves. The sharks. All the strange fish..but. At the same time. It's huge and full of wonder. When i let myself think about what might be over the horizon...it's exciting!...big bro? Why are you crying?" laphicet asked. I looked over to mu. Who was indeed crying.

"Apples...always remind me of a better time...a time before all this...when all of us were living in a small village. Called aball. Those 5 months...they were the happiest time of my life...i'll never have that again...thanks to artorius...he tried to kill laphicet...he turned velvet into a demon...his own sister and brother! I'll never forgive him for that...this hateful person i have become...i never wanted any of this....i just wanted to live in peace in aball. With velvet and laphicet..." mu said. Who than wiped away his tears. "But that wasn't in the cards. These are the cards i've been dealt. So i might as well play em." he said with sadness in his face. I hugged him.