Part 13: way of the samurai

We walked through the cave. We were stopped by what sounded like swords clashing. We ran to the sound. To see the demon from earlier on his ass. With his sword broken. Over him was someone I was familiar with. I recognize that heavy nodachi anywhere. Stormhowl. In the hands of its original wielder...shigure...shit!

"Well aren't you the craziest demon! Your body is harder than your own sword!" shigure shouted.

"Ugh. this idiot again?" I was frustrated. Summoning my blade.

"Wait. you know lord shigure?" eleanor asked.

"Three years ago. Before the advent. I went to get laphicet medicine. He challenged me to a fight. He held laphicets medicine hostage. So we fought. I got hurt pretty bad. But i won. I left with the medicine and stormhowl." i explained. Shigure turned around. And looked at us with that shit eating grin.

"Eleanor! Fancy meeting you here! Judging from that red mark. You got a taste of armageddon knight blood! Were you that desperate for power?" Shigure asked.

"She didn't have a choice. That lying murderer artorius stabbed her through the heart. Because she learned how the advent really happened!" laphicet yelled. I smiled. Laphicet is no longer that sick and weak boy. He's now a young man. Ready to protect his girlfriend. I couldn't be prouder. And judging from velvets smile. So is she.

"Fair enough...that old man REALLY wants to keep that buried. Hell. if i learn what happens. It's off with MY head! Must be a pretty dark secret of our shepherd...but MAN! Today really is my lucky day! Not only did i encounter the one and only stormquell! I also found the one guy who managed to kick my ass and take stormhowl from me! What do you say mu? Up for a rematch?" he asked with a grin. I sighed in annoyance. I freaking hate battle maniacs.

"I don't want to. But you'll threaten to kill velvet or laphicet if I say no. So fine. You want to die by my hands so badly? But only if you beat rokurou. He's got a bone to pick with you. While i just don't care." i said. Pointing to rokurou. Who looked ready to strike any moment.

"The young man doe's have a point. He does look rather lonely." the fat cat malak by shigures side said. Shigure than laughed.

"You're right. I'm being a jerk. Just can't pass up the chance to tease my little brother. Right rokurou?"

"Your brother!?" velvet asked shocked. I raised an eyebrow at that.

"Why are you surprised?" i asked.

"You knew that rokurou and lord shigure we're related?" eleanor asked.

"It wasn't hard. They both have black hair. tan skin. And yellow eyes. There. both dressed like samurais. And there both battle hungry morons." i said.

"Who are you calling a moron!?" both rokurou and shigure yelled at me.

"You two idiots. And rokurou. Save me the effort of killing your brother." i said.

"Having some bad memories mu?" eizen asked with a smirk.

"I won. But that doesn't mean i walked away flawlessly. I was pretty banged up by the time. I got back to aball. Both velvet and laphicet would tell you. I was injured pretty bad after that." i said. Eizen looked over to velvet and laphicet. They both nodded.

"You haven't changed a bit. shigure." Rokurou said. His voice cold

"You go blind dumbass? I'm bucketloads stronger now! You're the one that hasn't changed i bet. You still hung up on taking me down?" shigure said. That cockyness pissed me off.