[17. What really happened?]

[Maxwell]

"You promise you're okay?" I ask while opening the apartment door. Her eyes are still glistening with gold traces.

"I am. I promise." She says with a reassuring smile. She was telling the truth. I nod.

"I'll be in right behind you..I just need to do something real quick."

"My turn to ask if you're okay, max?"

No. I'm not at all. That was too easy. Something is not right. SamWyn, what the hell aren't you telling me.

"Yeah I'm good." I say.

She nods and walks in shutting the door behind her.

Once I hear the door click closed, I immediately land on the wall in hopes of it holding me up. I'm dizzy all over again. Everything starts rushing in. I'm worried even more. That barrier breaking would not have just given her a few more memories and she wouldn't be just waltzing away as if nothing is wrong. SHE'D have to be hella controlled for that. Which..would then explain why she has so many energies. We'd thought this through wrong the whole time, in that case.

My gosh, is she really back?
I grab a hold of my collar feeling heated as if trying to tell my lungs to catch air, calm down Maxwell.

..but she loves me huh? No. You're confused Sam. I'm confused.

Next thing I know, there's a little snowball curling up next to me. I breathe in and out calming down a little.

"You know, I'm starting to like you little guy."

"Yip."

I bend down to pick him up.

"Your mum..she puts me in this state, but I'm guessing she sent you out here huh? She's the sweetest."

"Yip."

"That's all you say huh? I guess I forget you're an animal sometimes."

-[SamWyn]

-
[SamWyn]

Oh no. I played a part in him having another panic attack. I should've just kept it to myself, but I needed answers. I should probably leave him alone right now.

"Yip!" Koi jumps.

"Mmm. I see. You wanna comfort the pretty boy outside?"

"Yip!" Koi spins around.

"I wish I could communicate with animals, laugh out loud. We'd have the best convos." I say gently rubbing the top of his tiny little head. I open the door a tad bit very quietly so he could meet him out there.

I shut the door back. Propping my head up against it.

I've said "sorry" more this week then I have ever in my entire life..but again. I'm sorry Maxi.

Things have to get better right?
-
[Maxwell]

"The hell are you out here for? Have y'all been out after that? How did she-" Shalice walks up.