The Archi Epoch: 0-10 Million Years

The Archi Epoch

A map of Terra 2 0 years PE

A map of Terra 2 0 years PE. The single supercontinent of Terra is made of the three continents of Almara, Okiina, and Darsi.

The first and most influential era is the Archi Epoch, which witnesses the initial changes in Terra 2's biosphere before more significant developments occur. This era will showcase the earliest examples of speciation and provide the safest conditions for herbivores, as they face minimal predation compared to Earth. Temperatures are mild, and while snow is rare, it is not entirely absent. During this period, Terra 2 is predominantly mountainous due to past tectonic activity. The current three continental plates were once five, with two colliding in the North to form Almara and two in the South to create Darsi. These landmasses are loosely connected by land bridges, as sea levels begin to drop and small ice formations appear in the north. Although this slow glaciation has little impact on life forms during the Archi Epoch, it will shape the subsequent eras.

Terra 2 has two moons instead of one, resulting in exaggerated geography and massive tides. The first moon, Terra-B, is about half the size of our Moon, while the second, Terra-C, is twice as massive. Together, they have a total mass roughly 2.5 times that of our Moon, leading to towering mountain ranges and enormous tidal fluctuations. Interestingly, this causes the surface gravity on Terra 2 to be considerably lower than on Earth, despite the planet being roughly the same size. As a result, emerging species may grow a few feet taller, and plants can reach larger sizes. The oceans are particularly deep, surpassing those on Earth and reaching a staggering depth of 56,000 feet.

 The oceans are particularly deep, surpassing those on Earth and reaching a staggering depth of 56,000 feet

A map of Terra 2's moon's, Terra-B and Terra-C, orbit. Terra-B is closer than Terra-C.

We will now travel forward in time. Not too far but just enough to see noticeable change and diversification. We will travel to 10,000 years post-establishment and investigate the three continents; Almara, Okiina, and Darsi.