Packing and going to Cesar's

Trigger warning: Gun
A/N: This is not a ship

Locations: Mark's house, Mandela County. Cesar's house, Mandela County.

Mark Heathcliff POV:

I just got off the phone with Cesar, he says we're leaving today so I should start packing the essentials and not make it heavy since his car wouldn't be able to take the weight, and to meet him at his house at 12:30. I've known about this since last week, but he could've told me we're leaving yesterday and I would've packed in advance, but it doesn't matter now anyway.

I grab my school bag and take my school work out then place it on my bed. I keep my water bottle in it and pick up my gun and put it in my bag, just to use against an alternate if one were to appear in the car with me while I drive to Cesar's.

I grab the other essentials like my toothbrush; my toothpaste; a pillow; a little thin blanket; a packet of chips/crisps;  a hoodie; and my personal camcorder.

I look up at the TV...

It's not on..

His face is not there...

Thank fucking god.

I sigh and zip up my school bag, it's almost going going to burst. I grab the bag and stand up then throw it over my shoulder. I take my car keys out of my pocket and leave my room, leave the house, and enter my car.

I put my bag onto the passenger seat and start my car up, and start driving to Cesar's house.

I pass multiple houses and signs, after about an hour, I see Cesar's house in the distance, yay. I arrive at his house and park in his driveway then take my car keys out of my car.

He opens his front door, steps onto his doorstep and waves to me as I grab my bag and open my door, his mom waves from behind him. "Hi Mark!" He smiles as I get out my car and close the door, "Have you packed your stuff?". I nod and say, "Yes I have, have you?". He chuckles and says yes then tells me to wait as he goes to get his bag, and he leaves me at his doorstep. I look behind me to check if there's an alternate.

There isn't any, but still.

I'm paranoid. You can't blame me. What would you do if you found out that there's a shit ton of alternates in the County you live in.

Cesar comes back with a bag full of stuff that he deems as essential and a bag of food. "Let's go, In my car." He smiles. "But I drove here, shouldn't we just go in-" I say but Cesar cuts me off by putting his index finger on my lips. "-Shhh. We can go in my car okay?" He chuckles and removes his finger from my lips, "Anyway, let's go.". He says and we walk to his car and I open a back door and we put he bags in the back. I close the door and go to the other side then open the door and enter. Cesar opens his door and enters.

He starts the car and we do our seatbelts. He reverses and starts driving to the location. I rest my elbow on the bottom of the window and lean my head against my hand, looking out the window, zoning out of reality.

"Are you okay, mi amigo?" Cesar asks me, not looking at me and focusing on driving. "Yeah, yeah, I am." I say, zoning back out. "That's good." He smiles and I fall asleep.