Under the Anaesthesia known as Love

Day ??? of Sojourn, in a secret Citizen base hidden in the Borderlands, a written note from one of the citizens lays in a sealed envelope. It is opened by a bald man and someone in a hazmat suit.

To my fellow Citizens of the cycle of the Borderlands, if you're seeing this message you're likely never going to see me again, this is my reason why.

You've all heard the stories of my ex, H. I've left this message to inform you all that he has been found and I won't be leaving his side - It's a needed alibi for the future because his word will be undoubtedly useful in protecting myself during the second phase. My game is simple bloodshed.

I was shocked when I saw him, as would anyone who recollected with someone who ran into their ex boyfriend they hadn't seen in 5 months, parted by a space between life and death itself, but I've gone through too much here to even bother. If he dies I could honestly care less, he's fun and we developed a kinship (plus some other stuff too, I suppose. I'd never tell.) but that's in the past. At the end of the day, I need to survive.

Emotions can not cloud my judgement.

As the French Say, Au Revoir.

~~

The following time I spent with Hisohito was wonderful. The games felt like a past-time. Just having him by my side just made everything feel so much better.

Day 3 of Sojourn - 7 of Clubs.

Game - Temperature

All the Showers inside this Gym's shower room are on and cannot be turned off. The grates beneath the showers are blocked off. All but the 1 'Challenge' shower at the back of the room can have their temperatures changed. Each Shower that can have its temperature changed has 10 possible temperatures, from freezing cold to boiling hot.

To achieve a GAME CLEAR, leave the room. The only exit from this room is the door, which has a button to open it. The button checks the temperatures of all the showers, and opens if the correct combination of all the shower temperatures is provided. In the case that an answer is incorrect, the pressure of every single shower increases. There is no limit to the amount of answers the group can give.

The 'Challenge' shower is boiling hot and cannot have its temperature changed. If a player lasts 1 minute beneath the 'Challenge' shower without getting out, the group receive a clue to the Door's solution. The Timer increases by 1 minute every time someone fails, getting out partway through or if the Challenge is succeeded.

It's GAME OVER if players cannot leave the room before it fully floods with water from the showers.

"FUCK!" I screamed, my clothes being soaking wet from standing beneath the boiling hot water from the Challenge shower. Hisohito, and 2 other people trapped in the shower room cheered me on as the timer ticked down until we get our first hint.

4. 3. 2. 1. 0. "Here is your first hint."

"At least 1 of the Showers began at the correct temperature."

Hisohito followed up from the announcement "I've noted the temperatures of all 12 showers we can change. 2-4-8-9-9-1-7-3-5-6-8-4. Lower numbers are cooler."

"Quick, out of the shower, get under number 6, it'll help you cool down!" Shouted an older woman. I did as she said, and dashed beneath the shower labelled 6. Its chilling water cooled down the burns from the boiling shower, even though it was just a minute I spent beneath it.