Lucas

"Took you long enough," Julian says through a mouthful of toast as Lucas enters the kitchen. He wiggles his eyebrows. "How was it?"

"Not funny."

"Didn't say it was," he replies.

"You two will not make a comment about this morning, Myers. It really isn't what it looked like, and she will be embarrassed if she has to explain what happened."

"What did happen?" Vaughn asks, leaning back in his chair.

"She had a bad dream. I calmed her down."

"Bet you enjoyed it," Julian mumbles under his breath.

"Watch your mouth, Julian," Lucas says, his teeth clenched.

"You don't have to lie about it, Lucas. She looks good," Julian says, clearly trying to get under Lucas's skin.

"Julian, shut the hell up."

Julian sighs, leaning forward. "Honestly, Lucas. Just tell me if you like her, and I'll back off. I don't mind, but if the option is still available, I'm sure she wouldn't mind switching brothers."

Lucas's jaw tightens, and he feels a flash of anger. He knows Julian is baiting him, but it still stings.

"Lucas, have you thought this through. If you like-," Marcus says, his tone serious.

"I don't."

"Liar," Julian grins. "But fine. You have denied it enough that I feel comfortable asking her out."

The thought of Samantha with Julian makes Lucas's blood boil. He takes a piece of toast from Julian's plate, needing something to do with his hands to avoid strangling his brother. "Fine, I like her, but stop being ridiculous. It's only been a week and we both know we can't do anything."

"In my opinion, you need to stop anything you got with her. It would put our case at risk if you start putting her first. I mean, I like her too, as a decent person, but you're really going to risk everything?" Marcus says.

"No, I won't."

"Does this mean I have a shot?" Julian questions, pushing.

Lucas glares at him. "No, it does not. She is not yours for the taking, and I swear to God, Julian, if you dare-"

"I get it, you can stop your threats," Julian puts his hands up. "That's all I wanted. To be sure you liked her. I won't do anything. You're my brother, you really think I'd do something?"

"I don't know," Lucas mumbles, still skeptical.

"Good, now that that's out of the way, how about we talk about the reason we are here?" Vaughn says, trying to steer the conversation back to their work. "The case is the most important thing right now, is it not?"

"Yes, okay. What did you guys find out? Julian, you first," Lucas sits down next to him.

"I got him to talk, so that's a plus," Julian says, his tone more serious now.

Lucas notices Julian is wearing gloves and wonders about the bruises they might be hiding. He doesn't miss the tension in his brother's posture.

"Barrios, which is his name, said that the gang members don't have contact with the leader except for a group that was selected. He gave the name of a member that is in jail who he says will talk. He, however, is in Western Correctional. I got some things to take care of with my other cases today, and then I'll go to Cumberland tomorrow."

"Need someone to go with you?" Lucas asks.

"I'll bring one of my men."

"What if your men turn out to be corrupt?"