One Week

This morning I woke up not wanting to go to school. I didn't know what it was but last week was a total drag. I really liked meeting Eddie and all his friends, but school in general, is such a drag. Despite my sudden hatred for school, I got up, got dressed, ate, brushed my teeth and was right back out the door for another boring week of school.

When I got to school, I found Eddie waiting for me at my locker. I couldn't even get to my locker before I was smiling.

"Hey, Dollface." he says through a cheeky smile.

"I told you not to call me that." I couldn't help but blush.

"You like it though, don't you!" he remarked.

"Maybe." I said.

I emptied my bag and rearranged my books in my locker. For some reason, he wouldn't stop staring at me.

"What are you looking at?"

"You, Dollface."

I roll my eyes sarcastically. The bell rings and I start walking towards my homeroom class. I can feel Eddie lurching behind me. I don't know what's gotten into him but he seems different. I decided not to ask about it. I didn't want to push any boundaries. Though I was almost worried about him. Even so, I ignored it.

"So, how was your first week?" Eddie questioned as we walked through the hallway.

"It was fine. I enjoyed meeting your friends but this school has already worn me out."

"Eh, you'll get used to it," he reassured me.

"I hope so." I sighed.

***Time Skip***

After algebra, we headed to lunch where all of his friends greeted me with the same warm smiles they had when I first met them.

Out of nowhere, Dustin says, "So, are you guys like, I don't know, a thing."

'WOAH!" I exclaim. "You're moving a little fast there." I turn to look at Eddie who is smiling at his plate as if he has something to say.

"Then, what is he smiling at?" asks Steve.

"I don't know." Everyone is looking at me. "I have no idea."

"Sure you don't." says Eddie.

"I seriously don't know." I retorted.

"If you say so." Nancy remarks, smiling.

For the rest of the day, I was wondering why Eddie was smiling so hard at lunch. The next class I had with him was English. My plan was to ask him about it then but I had no idea how to bring it up.

Hey, so, I noticed you've been acting a little different.

Hey, what's been on your mind?

So, whatcha thinking about?

No, all of these are horrible.

I officially don't know what to do. Just then, I feel arms wrap around my waist.

"Hi Dollface." he cheered.

"Hi Eddie." I sigh.

"What are you thinking about?" he questioned.

I didn't really know how to respond. I didn't want to seem rude by popping out with a question that could be completely irrelevant. I started thinking about how to approach the situation without seeming pushy.

"I don't know. A lot I guess. Can I ask you something though?"

"Sure, hit me."

"I've noticed that you've been acting different. Kinda like you have something on your mind? I don't know, I'm probably overthinking. You just haven't really been in the moment, if that makes sense. Like your brain is occupied." I look up from the ground to find him already staring at me. He looked confused, worried, even.