"Oh Hawkins, how I've missed you."

I've waited a long time to come back to Hawkins. It was finally time. To take the long way home to the place where evidently, anything was possible. Suppose you would have told me three years ago, that not only would I be living in a town where DnD wasn't fiction, but it was also reality. I would have thought you were crazy, even on something. Most people would die to get out of this place.
But truly, I was glad to be back. Things aren't the same over letters and distant phone calls from your younger brother. You want to feel things, do things. Not just hear about them after they happen. My brother, Dustin Henderson had told me all the things he had done since last summer. He was starting his first year at Hawkins high school and I was transferring and starting my senior year. He had told me about his adventures with steve and the gang. Gosh, I have missed Steve. After the events at starcourt, i'm afraid that it won't be the same. I won't be the same. So many people have died, over the years. So much suffering and pain caused by monsters. Monsters that you thought you would only hear about in stories told by your older siblings terrify you. But these creatures were real, so real. I had close encounters with them. But every time, the fear inside me grows. Until I pack up and move away until my mind is clear. That's why I have been gone until now. Waiting until Hawkins went back to normal. Or as normal as it gets. Dustin was telling Me how Steve gave up on love after I left. He had been going out with any girl he could get a chance with. Robin has been pitying him. He also told me he befriended, Eddie Munson. They called him the "freak". I had always hung out with the popular crowd. But I truly belonged with the outcasts. It didn't matter how nicely dressed I was, or how I did my makeup. I was a "freak" underneath it all. He also told me about Jason Carver. I had a "fling" with him years ago freshmen year. He was controlling and overall just crazy. After I broke up with him he became obsessed. Steve had protected me, the way he watched the kids he babysits.

I drove up to my house, it was the same. big bushes out front, same front door, same mailbox with me and Dustin's hand prints on it from when we were little. Nothing changed. But then again, a lot changed.
"Dustin! Help me with my bags please?" I struggled to get my large, yellow, duffle bag out of my trunk.
"Not without a hug first!" my brother's contagious laugh filled the silence. I had missed this, missed him. I slowly pulled away from him.
I looked at my watch and I was reading "7:45".
"We better go get ready for school and bring my bags to my room," I said closing the lid of the trunk quickly.
Once I had gotten unpacked fairly quickly, I pulled my hair up and grabbed the school bag I had packed the previous night.
"Dustin! How are we getting to school? Im out of gas completely." I worriedly said.
"Steve will always pick me up. Im, sure he wouldn't mind an extra person" Dustin said, cheerfully. We waited about ten minutes until we heard a knock at the door.
"Dustin? Come on We've got to leave!" A familiar voice said as I opened the door.
"Finally. Dustin, you have to be ready when I pick you up..Y/n?" he said puzzled but excited.
"What are you doing here? What a great surprise!" it was Steve! I hadn't seen him in so long.
"Steve, it's so good to see you, I got back not too long ago. It feels amazing to be home." I told him as he hugged me tightly, goodness I had missed his touch. His nice hugs, him, and his stupid fluffy hair he took so much time on. After I let go of him, he showed me to his car. His car was a 1981 BMW 733i. Pretty cool car to drive.
We drive to school and we listen to the dancing queen by ABBA on the radio. We get there pretty soon, I find my classes and sit in the back. But the teacher still figures out a way to point me out and introduce me, once again.
"Im Y/n Henderson, im not new but I moved away for a while after last summer."
I sat back down and couldn't help but notice a guy in the back next to me. He had long, wavy hair, a battle vest, a shirt that said hellfire club, a leather jacket that the battle vest was on top of, and ripped black jeans. He must have been in the club Dustin was in because he had the same shirt as Dustin and Mike. he stared at me as I pulled my hair up into a bun. He was handsome as all get out. I watched him in awe.

A few hours later..

Its finally lunch which i was glad about. Dustin and Mike wanted me to sit with thek and their "gang". So I wandered around the cafeteria, looking for them. I spotted them out of the corner of my eye.
"You want to postpone, the cult, of Vecna?" A male voice says, loudly. Im walking towards the table when all of a sudden the boy id been looking at was on top of the table being, crazy.
"Well as long as youre into band, or science or parties. Or a game where you toss BALLS into laundry baskets." the boy, walked across the table towards none other than Jason, Jason Carver. Jason happens to spot me from where he was sitting. And he stands up.
"You want something freak?" he said, towards the boy on the table. And then he made this funny demon like noise. Jason then came over to me.
"Well look who it is, you finally realize i was the one for you Henderson?" he smirks, i scoff completely disgusted at him.
"Only in your dreams Jason. The only person who loves you and tolerates you is your mother. Now sit down and mind your business, or ill make you." i said, not taking anything that jason said. Because jason was crazy. So two can play that game. I then see steve, out of the corner of my eye, start to get up but robin yanks his arm down. I then walked over to the table with everyone.
"Everyone, this is my sister, Y/n." Dustin said, excitedly.
"Nice to meet you, I'm Gareth." a boy says, shaking my hand. The boy who i had spotted earlier was in his seat, staring at an artical.
"Eddie, this is Y/n" Dustin once again tries to get his attention, and this time it works.
"Im Eddie." the boy says shaking my hand as well. Staring into my eyes, smiling. The boys continued the conversation they must have been previously talking about.
"We will find a sub for tonight, i promise." Mike says, looking around and sighing.
"Sub for what exactly?" i pondered, aloud.
"Hellfire, DnD tonight." Dustin filled me in. i had played with the boys constantly when i was younger. It was our favorite thing to do all together. But i hadnt played since then.
"So, y/n would you want to come to our game tonight? To observe?" Eddie said, locking eyes with me.
"Sure, why not." i said, feeling welcomed by hellfire.