No escape from the winds

(THIS IS PART OF A SERIES)

Soon enough you began to settle in with Kazuha. Despite you being here without your consent his company was not entirely unwelcome.

He wasn't as forward as Venti and he seemed to look for more honest affections from you that didn't include him forcing himself onto you, unlike a certain green bard.

But recently Kazuha was a lot more on edge than usual and would draw the curtains and lock the windows despite you two being in a small house on an island. Who would get in?

You noticed that when he would normally stay in his room at night he would sit on your bed keeping watch over you.

You didn't quite understand why at first but that was until you woke up to see a shadow outside your window it was human like but it had fled before you had a chance to get a proper look.

Kazuha burst into the room and came swiftly over to you wrapping a protective arm around your waist and with his sword ready to be drawn.

You hated to admit that his embrace made you feel safe even if you knew you weren't.

No matter how bad things with you and Kazuha were  whoever this shadow belonged too would be infinitely worse.

You woke up the next day with your head in Kazuha's lap and his arms still around you, he was awake and alert eyes still fixated on any window or door in the house.

He couldn't risk anyone hurting his precious maple leaf. And from what Kazuha thought about the stalker they clearly had no intention to hurt you but they wanted to remove you from grasp and protection. He could not have that.

The shadow would reappear while you slept but Kazuha would discreetly climb onto the bed with you and guard you.

Every morning after the shadow would appear Kazuha would get a lot more cuddly which slowly made you realise that you somewhat enjoyed his small affections.

He'd lay off if he made you too uncomfortable but by now he was by your side constantly.

As Kazuha's affections became more frequent, so did the shadow's visits.

It got so bad that Kazuha suggested you both stayed in an underground domain for a while, so you did.

Things were normal at first. You and Kazuha would play games on the floor and he even taught you the Kaedehara art and you two would spar.

You missed your real home but you were getting more comfy in Kazuha's little world.

That was until that night.

The domain was a bit ragged and disheveled but fairly quiet, so when a window smashed Kazuha wrapped his signature protective arm around your waist.

You heard the tapping of footsteps slowly approach the room you were in.

The shadow had come. Only now did the silhouette that had been outside your window begin to make sense.

The wind picked up in the room from a hole in the ceiling.

"Step away from my windblume."