The breezeless valley

A/n I'm listening to everywhere by fleetwood Mac while writing this and that shit goes hard. 🕺

~

You didn't care if you didn't have a full plan. The way Venti was gripping you as Kazuha entered the abode to pick you up made you realise how much of an only chance this was.

The two both shared icy glances before Venti released you reluctantly. And you followed after kazuha out of the abode.

You found yourselves on the statue of the seven near the sea of clouds. The ruins that surrounded the area were quiet which posed the problem of him hearing you on your escape.

Kazuha's senses were sharp enough already you didn't need the silence to amplify it.

Thankfully it was already late afternoon and the mists were crawling over mt Tianheng and the ones surrounding it so by the time you'd made down from the mountain to the Guizhong Ballista the fog had rendered you both blind.

This was your chance.

Without warning you sped off into the mists, Kazuha only processing what had happened after a couple seconds giving you a relatively good head start.

Even though Kazuha had spent time in liyue, he did not have much knowledge on its geography.

And you had a map. One of the special ones you had in the game. You'd found it in one of the rooms in Venti's house.

You sprinted back like a madman making sure to stray from the path.

Kazuha had gone silent. He tried to trace your movements.

You fled past tree after  tree until you saw the dunyu ruins.

You went the long way round them to throw Kazuha off.

Meanwhile Kazuha had almost given up. From what he knew about Venti he knew he was an archon.

He remembered how Venti told him how to open the abode.

"(Y/N) GOT AWAY!!!"  He screeched to Venti as he tumbled into the abode landing with surprising elegance.

They both raced out of the abode and the hunt began sprinting towards Tianqui valley knowing it was the only way you could of got out besides liyue.

Kazuha had Beidou and the crux crew keep an eye out for you when he came to pick you up so going to Liyue would result in an unwanted visit from Kazuha's foster family.

By then you were at the boardwalk near Jueyun karst. You were almost halfway to your destination.

Suddenly you heard the flapping of wings. Venti's archon form.

You ducked under the boardwalk to escape his gaze from above. Eventually he flew off towards the chasm in case you had thrown them off, which you had but not in the way they thought.

They were both on this hunt. You had to be more careful.

As you ran past Guili plains, Wangshu inn was in your sights like a beacon guiding you.

Sprinting by the inn itself was a temptation to stay there and rest. But alas you still had a journey to make.

Then you saw Kazuha on the bridge from Dihua marsh and you fled to the crawl space near the mill wheel and freezing water greeted your legs.

You leaned against the wall and let your breath calm.

It was nearly midday and you were so close to your goal, now was not the time to get caught.

"What are you doing here mortal?"