Rose and Dimitri: Dimitri's attitude adjustment!

Dimitri’s point of view:

Gosh. What. The. Hell. Rose isn’t my ‘lover’ and I’m not hers. Why did she keep calling me that? What is she a hooker? My thoughts were interrupted by Dimka screaming. “I HATE YOU! I love her and she loves me. Why can’t you let me have a mommy? She could be my mommy. Why can’t you love anymore? Don’t you care about me? Don’t you know I need my Roza?” He yelled. For a little kid his vocabulary was impressive. “You took her away from me!”

My heart was ripped out of my chest. Tears were streaming down Dimka’s face as he glared at me. “Dimka calm down. You’re too little too understand.” I put him on my knee and held him. He continued to cry. I tried putting him to bed, but he wouldn’t sleep. I tried calming him down, but he wouldn’t have it. He ignored me all night until he fell asleep the next morning.

Right as he fell asleep my phone rang. “Hello?” I asked tiredly.

“Guardian Dimitri Belikov, you are here by ordered to court by Queen Lissa. There has been an attack and she needs more guardians.” The line clicked and I put down the phone. Great. Now I’m going to have to work with Rose. I can’t win can I? Walking towards the hall closet, I pulled out suitcases and started packing the essentials. It took two hours to get everything ready. I put Dimka in the car without waking him and started towards court.

When I arrived, we were taken right to the main hall where all the guardians were gathered. Rose was standing next to Lissa with her guardian face on. Why did I even care? We can’t be together. She acts like a slut. I could do so much better.

“You were called here because there was a Strigoi attack not so far away. So far thirty moroi and dhampirs have been found in the rubble. They attacked one of the housing facilities. We will double up on guards, which is why you’re here. I don’t want complaining if you don’t like your partner. This is about the safety of our people. I will be gaining two new guardians to add to Guardian Hathaway.” The hall burst into talk. “Guardian Belikov is one and there is another coming later.” Dimka started to wake up. He looked around and squirmed out of my arms. I heard his little feet pounding across the marble floor.

“ROZA!” He screamed and I sighed. Dimka latched himself to her leg. “I thought I’d never see you again.”  Rose picked him up and whispered something to him. Dimka pointed at me and Rose’s gaze followed. She whispered something else and set my boy down. He came running at me.  “Daddy, Rose wants to talk to you.” He pulled me with him. I stood in front of Rose.

“I asked him to bring you to me so I could apologize. I was acting like a slut and very immature. I should have been an adult and not a teenage girl trying to get the attention of her crush. I’m sorry.” Rose spoke softly and when she finished her head bowed. She meant what she said.

“At least you realize how immature you are. I’m so glad I left. You would have driven me crazy. I am not your lover. We weren’t ever lovers. That implies more than what we ever were. Get it through your thick skull that I don’t love you anymore.”

Rose’s head snapped up. “Get it through your head that not everything is about you. Dimitri Belikov, you are a selfish fool that needs to open his eyes before you get killed. If you can’t man up, grow up, and put someone else above yourself then I’m going to put you on trial to see if you really are a good choice for guardian.” Her eyes turned towards Dimka. “Buddy, there is a play group for the guardian kids that Marie goes to. You can go there while your daddy works, ok?” He nodded. “Guardian Belikov, you are to report at the gym for one on one training at one o’clock. Your room number is A37. There is a room for Dimka.” With that Lissa stood up and walked out of the room with Rose following.