REJECTED

Okay, so I wrote most of this while I was cooking dinner... hope you enjoy and please comment! Lots of love!

Dimitri’s point of view:

The kids and I boarded the plane and I watched Rose run onto the plane. She still hasn’t answered me yet. I was getting anxious. She came onto the plane and took a seat next to me since that was the only seat left. “So how is Lissa?” I asked and Rose babbled on about Lissa, sometimes repeating information. The whole ride to my home country was filled with that conversation. As we neared my house, I couldn’t wait any longer. “Rose, have you found an answer to my question yet? Will you be my wife?”

She looked at me and took a breath. “I’m sorry, Dimitri, but I can’t be your wife.” I couldn’t breathe. I felt like I was suffocating. She said no. Why did she say no? I couldn’t ask. We pulled up outside of my home and I left the cab without looking back. I walked past my entire family and went right to my room. Falling on the bed, I let the distraught of rejection fill me with a few other emotions that made me ball like a baby.

How could the love of my life reject me? We said we loved each other. We even slept together for the third time in our relationship. How could she say no? That was the only thing that passed through my mind. She said no. She said no. I just couldn’t stop crying. It felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest.

“Dimka?” I heard my mother’s voice as my door opened. “What’s wrong?” She rushed to me and cradled me to her like I was a little boy again.

“I proposed to Rose. I thought she loved me.” I cried. “She said no.” That did me in, having to tell my mom that the girl I loved with everything in me declined my offer of marriage.

“Oh my poor baby,” momma gasped and pulled me tighter. I let her coddle me as I sobbed. That lasted for a few hours, at least it felt like hours since I fell asleep.

When I woke up, I was alone. At least I thought I was. Dimka was snuggled to my side. I rubbed his back and he turned to look at me with sleepy eyes. “Hey buddy,” I noticed instantly that he had been crying. “What’s wrong?”

“I’m never going to have a momma, am I? Tasha didn’t love me. Rose doesn’t love me. No one will ever love me.” He began to sob and I cuddled him close to me.

“I will always love you.” I told him.

“But I want a momma too.” He cried. “Is there something wrong with me? Is that why she won’t marry you? Are you going to make me go away so she will marry you?” Dimka asked me with small sobs.

“There is nothing wrong with you. I’m never going to leave you. You’re amazing. She won’t marry me because of me. There’s something wrong with me.” I told him.

“I think you’re the best, daddy.” He told me and I smiled at him.

“I think you’re the best son I could ever have.” I replied and we sat on my bed together.

We sat in silence for a few minutes after Dimka stopped crying. “I’m hungry!” He declared and pulled me from the room. “Grandma said she was making your favorite!” I smiled, picked Dimka up, and ran for the kitchen.

Rose was sitting at the table with Marie and my sisters. Momma was just walking out of the kitchen when I put Dimka down. He wouldn’t let go of me though and I simply switched him to my other hip while he glared at Rose.

“Dimka,” momma called.

“Yes Granma,” my son said the same time that I said ‘Momma.’ She smiled at us.

“My two boys, why don’t you come help me in the kitchen?” We went into the kitchen and got all the plates and silverware out.

“Are you alright, baby?” Momma asked as she tugged my hair into a pony tail. “Please, when you’re in my kitchen, keep your hair back.”

“I’m alright, Momma.” I kissed her  cheek and started folding napkins.

After the yummy dinner we ate, Rose decided to try talking to me. “Dimitri can’t we talk about this?” She asked as I hooked up a movie for the younger kids to watch. “I love you, baby.”

“Stop lying to me.” I cried out, finished starting the movie, and ran from the room. Viktoria was the one to find me this time. She didn’t ask questions. She simply held me and let me cry until I couldn’t anymore. I fell asleep as my heart finally felt broken in two, knowing that Rose wouldn’t be my wife and I wouldn’t be the man to make her happy in life.

WHATYA THINK?