Water Park

Random head-canon that isn't part of the rest of the plot. Gilly and the crew, are like 17-19. Gilly's PTSD? Pfft. What's that? (She has fully recovered, [about time!] Anyway...)

So here we are at the pool. Jax, Jocelyn, AG, Ollie, Kayla, Maxine, Jack and I are at a water park. (It's mermaid/merman themed of course!) Hayley would've been here but, one she'd turn into a mermaid in the water and two she's helping her family at Shipwreck Cove, A.K.A she's busy. Anyway...

I'm in the lockers/changing room when we (us girls) notice there's only 4 stalls. I volunteer to wait outside. Outside I see Jax.

Not in a swimsuit yet! Just wait I have the plot in mind.

"Hey, Thief. Why aren't you changing?"

"Well there's only 4 stalls. You?"

"4, but one of them have a broken door."

"Hmm," I mumble in understanding.

Our friends walk out. Jack and Ollie have swim trunks on. Jack's have beanstalks on them and Ollie has an octopus attacking a pirate ship. Nothing special.

Kayla's wearing a beautiful shimmering yellow bikini. Maxine has in a plain, yet pretty, red one-piece. AG is wearing a light blue bikini top and swim shorts. Jocelyn is wearing a black (shocker!) one-piece, a chunk of skin showing on each side.

Jax and I head to the men and women changing rooms respectively.

I come out first in my drab life guard swimsuit. I only agreed to come to this place because I'm a life guard here. And only once in a while when other lifeguards are running low. I'm talking to Maxine and I'm mid-sentence when Jax strolls out of the changing room wearing a pair of swim shorts that have a black background with violet/purple flames at the bottom, 'Crown Royal' written across one side with a big crown and the rest decorated with smaller gold crowns.

My breath hitches. No one notices my breath. He's not wearing a shirt,(obviously)leaving his abs, (yes abs! Deal with it!) exposed.

His abs.

I do this all in less then 2 seconds.

I quickly look to my nails as if I'm interested in them right now, when Jax, JAX, is standing right there without a shirt on. I didn't make this big a deal when I saw Ollie or Jack.

Because you like him! A voice in my head tells me. I know! I respond.

To myself.

Boy am I weird.

Turns out Jax had noticed my breathing hitched, because he's giving me a smug playful smirk right now.

"Like what you see, Life Guard?" Jax asks me.

"I don't know what the Grimm your talking about," I reply gritting my teeth and clasping my hands together so he can't see that they're shaking.

"Yes you do, Cobbler," Jocelyn says. Well, duh! So she noticed too, huh?

"No. I don't. Mind explaining?"