Friends or more

Enjoy!!!

"Are you friends, or more?" Jocelyn asks. Great, more teasing. They've been at it for a few hours now. (They're right, of course.) Let me back up.

After breakfast, Maxine, Kayla and AG, and Jocelyn painted their nails, red, yellow, navy blue and black respectively. I skipped out because...painting nails? No, thank you.

It wasn't because I was thinking about what Jax might be doing, I repeat, not. (I wasn't! I swear. Maybe.) When they finished they were trying to show me and I was zoned out, hard, apparently. Then Jocelyn dropped the question, "Are you friends, or more?"

"Huh?"

"I was saying, are you—and Jax—friends, or more?" She asks again, smugly.

"Friends," I reply quickly. Too quick for Jocelyn, apparently.

"With benefits?" She asks, smirking. My face is burning.

"No! No, of course not. We're friends—best friends—that's it. How many times do I have to tell you?"

"Yep, friends. Like I believe that!"

"Ugh, I give up! Fine, I like him, okay?! Satisfied?"

There's an audible gasp from the 4 of them.

"Just...don't tell him. Please," I plead.

They think for a second.

"Okay," AG, Maxine, and Kayla reply. Then...

"What will you do for me to keep my mouth shut?" What?!

"Anything!! Just don't tell him."

"Okay..., I can't think of anything right now but when I do, you have to do it."

"Fine," I agree. Anything to keep her mouth shut. The realization of what I said sinks in.

I like Jax.

That's it. Next is Jax's POV. Thx for rating, commenting and rating!