Raz Says-a Little-too Much

Raz's POV

Gilly's door opens just as I'm about to knock on it. Jocelyn is next to me, waiting for Gilly apparently.

Gilly and Jax are behind the door.

"Oh! Hi, sis. What're you doing here?"

"Umm, I could ask the same. You're supposed to be at Royal Manor."

"No. I'm not."

"Yes, you are."

"No I'm not, Raz. It's 3 now." Oops.

"Oh. Well Gilly, we have a RLW meeting in five minutes. Maxine, AG, Kayla, and Ollie will be there. Oh, and Jocelyn." She's not but, whatever. She looks surprised.

"I am?" she asks.

"Yes, you are. Jax wanna join us?"

His face looks flustered.

"I—uh," he looks at Gilly and quickly looks away. "Sure," he says nonchalantly.

"See Gilly your whole crew's gonna be there—except Jack, but what'd you expect?—so you can't just spend time talking to Jax. Or Jocelyn," I add, but the job is done. She's blushing like crazy.

"Why would—I wouldn't—" she gives a quiet sigh of defeat. "Coming, give me a minute." She ducks back into her room and comes back out with her RLW sash. She puts it on. "Let's go already!" Jocelyn talks to Gilly—like we planned—on the way to the meeting and I talk to Jax.

"So, Gilly's room, huh?"

"It was nothing. I was just—" he sighs.

"You were?"

"Talking." Did he?

"Oh. Did you?..."

"No, not that talking."

"Then?..."

"She stole."

"What?"

"She—"

"I know. What'd she steal?" He looks a little uncomfortable and a little embarrassed.

What's this about?

"My—my chocolate."

"Your chocolate?" I ask laughing.

"Yeah," he mutters. "Forget it. You don't understand. You don't get it!" Woah. When was the last time he raised his voice at me? When was the last time he raised his voice?

"Calm down, bro." He takes a deep breath. "Now, you mind explaining so I can understand?"

"She stole!"

"Some chocolate. Big deal. And that too yours."

"I told you you wouldn't get it."

"Sorry, I'll be serious. Now, explain."

"She. Stole," he says yet again.

"And?..."

"Raz. She stole. From me, her best friend. She could steal from others. I don't care about the chocolate—even though it was my favorite kind—Gilly can have it. The point is, she stole. Oh, and because of Jocelyn. So she would keep some secret, that Gilly didn't want me to know."

"What type of—"

"A girl secret. At least that's what Gilly told me." Oh boy.

"I know what it is and I know why she doesn't want you to know. It's about you, that's why."

"But—"

"Nothing bad," I insist. "I've said too much, let's go, I have to start the meeting. You sit at my right hand."

"Okay, sis," he says.