The White World

After every death, someone goes to the blank space or "white world". They stay there for instructions from someone or they dissolve. They wander without purpose for a while.

When Yasu finished off the giant spider, he released so many people from Kintoru's curse that their souls looked like they were flying. The souls arrived in the blank space. Some reunited with family, some sat down and looked up at the pure white world around them. Some waited and stood there for someone to redirect them. Others just didn't know what other thing to do but walk.

This all felt strange. Were they in Jigoku or Tengoku? Either way, at least they get to live in peace in the afterlife.

Suddenly, one started to dissolve. A child cried as everyone looked that way. A small girl with a pink hat with a red ribbon pointed and cried at the now lost soul as she dissolved into triangles. Then the samurai disappeared, then the library maid, and the musician and his daughters too. Others there waited for instructions or to end up like the ones who got lost. They hoped to stay with family.

Sooner or later, only three remained. Vamp, Watasumi, and Hikarun. This was rather strange. Why did they remain? Strange curses? Strange death? "Why are we here?" Asked the curious Vamp."No clue. Perhaps wait for instruction?" Hikarun shrugged and sat down. A butterfly spirit came to her. Isn't this the place of the deceased? "They are friendly. You can trust them." Hikarun assured they were safe. As long as they weren't corrupted, then Watasumi should be fine. She didn't have her fan or anything to fight with in this world.

"Hikarun. Do you like cheese?" Vamp asked. "That's a good question. Depends on the cheese." Hikarun answered. Vamp smiled and clapped as she found a fellow cheese supporter. Watasumi wondered how can a person have a good conversation about cheese. It's yellow, it's blocky or triangle shaped, there nothing more to it.

Watasumi dissolved. Vamp waved goodbye as did Hikarun. Their new friend is gone. Now it's only them left. "If I go first, I may never see you again. But I wish you farewell and good luck." Hikarun told Vamp as it was a order. "You're a good friend Vamp. If we find each other, let's try cheese fondue. I'm curious." Hikarun held out her pinky finger. Vamp sealed the pinky promise as she wrapped her pinky finger around the pinky. Hikarun faded into dust.

"I wish Kabocha and Yuma well. Even though Yuma killed me, I wish she can change her ways." Vamp faded into dust as well. The blank space was empty. For more visitors to come and endure the same fate as the people before them. Who knows where they went. At least they can rest.

473 words
——————————

Why did this take long? Oh my god-