Chapter 7

It took a few weeks, but Emil had returned to normal. The ringing and terrible migraines were gone. Only bruises and few scars remained on his body so he could remember his story. Sadly, the Icelander was easily frightened now and flinched at the smallest of things. He relied mostly on Leon when at school and Lukas if he would go out. Some teased Emil still but once they spotted Leon, they'd stop and wouldn't talk about the boy at all. Most of the school had feared Leon now, the rest adored him and looked up to him, not caring about how he spent most of his time with the Icelander. Emil seemed to almost enjoy the company, smiling when they'd sit at lunch, poking fun at each other. It was almost as if they were dating.

"Hey Leon," Emil began suddenly, "you should come over and have dinner tonight. We're going out for pizza and I thought it'd be fun if you came along," he smiled gently at him.

Leon stared at him, noticing the small smile that hardly came out. He nodded his head and brushed some bangs away to reveal his eyes. "Sounds like fun, Emil. I'd love to join you."

Emil stared right back at him, staring into light brown eyes. The eyes calmed him and made him lean closer, an arm wrapping around his waist. "Awesome," he commented before his lips being captured in a small and quick kiss.

"Yeah," came the other's reply once they parted slightly. "Truly awesome," he agreed letting a smile appear on his lips.

Maybe they were dating now. Maybe, just maybe.