CHAPTER 7

In the quiet road, loud and heavy footsteps could be heard. Ashton was running home, his heart beating so fast that even if you were a city away, you could hear it. He kept his hand near his heart to stop it beating from out of his chest.

As soon as he arrived at his house, he didn't even bother knocking and barged inside the house. He took off his shoes and entered the house looking for his father. After he couldn't find him in either the lounge and the kitchen, he tried the bedroom. The scene that met him broke his heart to pieces.

There his dad laid, unconscious and pale looking. His phone was at his feet and his glasses laid at the top of his head. Ashton quickly recovered from the shock and picked up his phone. His hands were shaking as he dialled the number for the ambulance. He quickly described what was happening and gave them the address before his knees gave out.

"Daddy please wake up, you promised that you wouldn't leave me. So please daddy wake up." Ashton was full on sobbing, snot running down from his nose but he didn't care. All he cared about was making sure that his father doesn't die. He kept on checking his pulse and listening to his heartbeat.

After 5 minutes the paramedics arrived and drove Ashton's father to the hospital. On the way Ashton had his father's hand in his small grip, inaudible prayers leaving his mouth as he tried controlling the tears. As soon as they arrived at the hospital, the entrance of the hospital was flooded with nurses and there was also a stretcher. They got him out of the ambulance and was immediately admitted to the ER.

ASHTON

I was about to follow them but a nurse called for me and asked me to fill in daddy's information and details and only then can they start the surgery. With shaking legs, I immediately followed after her and filled out all the necessary information. She took away the paper and ran to the room and that's when the doors closed and the light turned on.

I sat at the chairs waiting for something, anything. My hands were tightly clapped on my lap and my head lay limp. My whole body was still weak and I couldn't get over what happened. I had actually forgotten what I intended to do. If I had been vigilant, daddy would be okay and we would've been at home, laughing or baking.

My tears came at the memory and I started hyperventilating. My breathe shortening and my vision becoming hazy. I was just a bundle of nerves and I was really scared on top of it all. Depressive thoughts ran through my head and I couldn't stop them.

You caused this

You're too selfish

You didn't care about him so why are you crying now.

You just want attention from these people

Stop acting like you care

Daddy's dying because of you

Before I could fall deep into my depressive thoughts, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I quickly turned my head and there stood David. His whole face flushed red and he was carrying a bouquet of yellow roses. I quickly got up from my chair and threw myself in his chest. He kept on rubbing my back, trying to console me and whispering sweet nothings to my ear.

"It's okay, you're okay. You're so brave you know that?" I shook my head and he chuckled lowly. I pulled my face away from his chest and he wiped my tears away. I smiled at him. The door to the ER opened and I quickly walked to the doctor.

"H-how is h-he now. Is h-he going to be okay?" My throat felt dry like the Sahara and the words were difficult to say. I gulped and took a look at David and he nodded. He pulled me in his arms and turned to the doctor.

"Sorry doctor but is he doing okay? As you can see my friend isn't doing okay right now so he really needs the answers or he might get sick here." The doctor called the nurse and spoke some words with her and she pointed at me and the doctor nodded.

"So Mr Montgomery I have to say that you were in luck. If you would've called the paramedics a minute later then your father wouldn't be here with us. Although he's still unconscious but he'll be okay. He'll be kept heavily monitored to see how he responds to the medicine."

"So when will he wake up?" My whole body felt light as soon as he said that. Daddy will live.

"I'm not sure about the exact time but the maximum of hours is 12. So we just have to wait and see if he'll wake up in those hours or not okay. Good day." He gave me a shoulder pat and left us standing there.

My whole body gave out and David pulled me to him. The whole time I kept saying thank you because what I desired the most came through and daddy is still alive.

***
Was contemplating whether Ashton's dad should die or live but I think baby Ash should get his happy ending so here's the next chapter 🤡🤡