Lucky Charm

A week passes by.

You try not to cross paths with Ni-Ki outside of art club, still choosing to believe you were right about his intentions. That whatever he was up to, you wouldn't fall for it so recklessly.

His friends from the basketball team however became more open to talking to you, giving you a hello in the hallway or sometimes giving you small acknowledgements. But you couldn't exactly trust them yet. Ni-Ki tries to converse with you to get you to open up a little more with him, yet nothing seems to work.

Afterschool meeting was done, and you were almost done with your project.

"Y/n?" He called out while you were putting your pencil case back in your bag.

You hummed as a reply, looking up at Ni-Ki who was right by your desk.

"I just wanted to say goodbye." He said shyly.

You didn't know what else to say, so you nodded.

It wasn't long until he picked up another conversation "Is anyone coming to pick you up?"

"Nope, I'll be taking the bus. Yunjin already left early to take her nap" You joked, trying to ease your nerves.

Ni-Ki laughs "Hey, I'll take you home." He said, genuinely offering you a ride.

"No, Ni-Ki, I don't want to bother you—"

"I insist, please." He almost begged, and you couldn't really gather the courage to tell him no. "And you're not bothering me. It's getting dark so, I don't want anything to happen to you."

Heat crept up your cheeks as those words left his lips, "Oh, okay" you managed to say.

He opens the passenger side of his car for you, making sure your seatbelt clicked before he handed your bag back to you.

He buckles in himself, staring at the rear view mirror before starting the engine. "Are you almost done with your project?" He asked.

"Mhm," You nodded, "I just need to fix up some shadings, you?"

"Me too, I'm almost done too." He replied, smiling to himself.

He handed you his phone, so that you could put in your address.

Which made your eyebrows fused together in confusion. For someone who said they joined the art club for a chance to win the newest iPhone, he already had the newest iPhone himself.

You tried not to think much about it, maybe he just got it recently, who knows.

"How are you finding art, captain?" You decided to tease him, perking your eyes at him.

His ears turned red at the nickname, and so did his face. He tried to hide a smile but failed "I like it." He said, smiling widely at you. "How is it, for you."

"It's going well" You replied, facing forward now, and onto the road.

It became silent for a split second but he spoke again "I wish, I was like you"

"What do you mean," You asked, unsure of the meaning behind it.

"I mean, you're smart, talented, and you were student of the year—twice in a row at Ace Academia" He admitted, but not a hint of jealousy or envious, just pure, admiration, and adoration.

"Says Mr. Captain of the Basketball team over here." You crossed your arms and huffed, pretending to pout at him.

But you weren't going to lie, the comment would've made you sprawl on your bed, and wack your feet aggressively against your bed if it wasn't for the fact that you're still in a car with him.