Chapter VI - Bravery

Techno pov

"I'm sorry, what?"

I forgot my manners as she made the most outrageous request to date.

"I want you to show me your favorite place in the castle. Since I'll be here for awhile, I want to get to know you."

Her bluntness left me grasping for something to say, so I don't think before I speak.

"Princess, Really? You want me to take you to my favorite place, which could be anywhere, with you not having any idea what it is or how to leave? Isn't that a safety concern?"

She looks me up and down.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. It is a a safety concern for you. Will leaving my rapier here make you feel better?"

My shock is undeniable at this point. This girl is a stray arrow, deadly when you least expect it.

"Thats' not- I wasn't referring to-"

I let out a large sigh and start walking. I hear the soft clap of leather on the marble floor, and I suddenly turn and jump towards her.

She yelps and I chuckle, her face clouds with the expression of a storm, Lightning in her eyes and thunder in her words.

"Don't forget who you're with, Blade."

"Yikes", I deadpan and continue making my way down the hall, hearing her steps echo.

Eventually through the thick silence and inevitable spring chill, the clash of swords and testosterone filled yells waft through the air like a pungent and permeating smell, never quite dissipating even when the day is done.

I tilt my head back to check on y/n, and she is right behind me. We stare at each other for slightly longer than normal, and she sheepishly skitters up beside me.

"Trying to one-up me, eh?"

"Maybe. Are you really taking me to the training arena? Why"

We fall into step beside each other as she spoke.

"You told me to take you to my favorite place. Here I'm just training with my men, always improving. I'm not feared or trying to keep some semblance of composure, I'm just Technoblade."

"Well I'm not scared of you at all. In fact, you're quite underwhelming."

"I'll take that as a compliment. Now, part of the reason I brought you here is that you seem to have lots of energy. I figured I'd help you out by giving you something to do."

I tossed her a blunt sparring sword before making my way into the arena. She takes off her sheathbelt, and gently sets her rapier against the wall. Then she tosses the sword from hand to hand, checking the weight I assume. I reserve a block for us to spar as I wait for her to join me. Y/n glides down the stairs, and takes up a fighting stance. I bow, and she does the same.

Then, it starts.

We circle each other waiting for the first move, her blade up at attention causing sunlight to glint off and makes her appear slightly disoriented. I cocked my head and sprinted towards her. Our blades met with an earth-shattering Twang. The adrenaline starts pumping after I realize that she isn't holding anything back against me. We meet blade for blade, a parry with a dodge and slash. The way we spar is like a deadly dance, spastic and enthralling. Just as she goes in for a large sweep, she whirls around and her blade is met with resistance. My head whips around to see her engaged with a cloaked figure, and his sword isn't blunt, it is, infact, freshly sharpened.

I quickly realized this wasn't just a sparring anymore, it was life or death.

(620 words)

A/n - i'm back and ready to write!