and lastly for my historical and facts rant MEDIA

The Jamaican guarantees freedom of the press. There are three newspapers—the Jamaica Gleaner, Jamaica Observer, and Jamaica Star—that are based in Kingston and maintain print and online editions. The major local television stations are privately owned, and there is a variety of commercial radio stations. A government-appointed Broadcasting Commission monitors and regulates broadcast radio and television as well as cable television. 

Jamaica enjoys total freedom of the press compared with 39% press freedom in the Americas overall (Freedom House 2012). The , the and the are the leading dailies in the country, while the Sunday Herald is also a widely circulated weekly. All these publications are privately owned. Jampress is the government-run press agency.

Media is relatively developed with the main newspapers and broadcast media bodies having their own internet sites. There are six national and more than ten international internet news media sites concerning Jamaican affairs; international sites include Jamaica Sport and Jamaica Times.

Whilst the majority of print press and broadcast media is in English, the increased popularity of Patois, the Jamaican Creole language, has had an influence on media as a whole. It is now commonplace to encounter Patois in advertising and in broadcast media, though the principal newspapers remain in English. Since the publication of the first bible in Patois in 2011, however, the mainstreaming of Patois may mean that printed press becomes more open to publishing in other languages. Concerns have also been raised by some that a move to Patois in the media and press would lower literacy rates amongst school children.

Not to mention there has been a rise in a demand for comedy shows and concerts since the start of the pandemic so there are alot of things filling up. Also check out spuce on mtv called "Spice it up" i personally dont watch it much but go check it out...