Trope 8 - Fake Relationship

You are standing in the crowded living room, drinking soda, your arms crossed. Loud music is playing and some people are dancing. It is a birthday party of a girl from a different class, the most popular one in school - Park Hayun. She is sitting on the couch, surrounded by many people, loving the attention as she's bragging about her summer vacation and her new hair color.

"Ugh, I don't want to be here..." you mumble, biting the rim of the plastic cup.

"Same..." you hear a voice next to you and raise your head to see a taller boy, also sipping on his soda. He's watching Hayun too, rolling his eyes at her loud laugh.

"How did you end up here?" you ask him and he scoffs, looking down at you.

"Some idiots from my class came to my house and dragged me here," he replies and you nod, completely understanding his feelings - girls from your class also came banging on your house door and "dragged" you here too.

"Wanna get out of here?" you ask him but you meet Hayun's eyes and she stands up from the couch, rushing towards the two of you, "Ah, too late..." you mumble again.

"Hey, you two! What are you doing, standing there like a couple of statues?!" Hayun asks loudly, making nearby people laugh, "Come and sit with us!" she pulls on your arm but you stiffen, determined to stay on the side.

"Nah, we're good here," you smile out of curtsy, her long nails digging in your forearm. 

Hayun laughs loudly, "What are you talking about, silly?! Let's play a game!"

"I'm going to get something to eat," the boy next to you says but Hayun is fast again, grabbing his arm as well.

"Oh, no you won't. You two are coming with me!" her smile is not pleasant, it's almost evil.

Blonde Hayun drags you two to the couch where her "friends" wait and doesn't let go even when you stop, "Who is up for some truth or dare?" she asks and the crowd on the couch celebrates her idea.

You turn to the boy and shrug your shoulders, "Guess we're in this together, Kim Seungmin..."

...

A group of ten people is gathered in Hayun's bedroom, all sitting on the floor in a circle. Rounds of "truth" questions and dares circulate the room and, even though everyone laughs, you don't find this charade enjoyable in the slightest. When someone picked you, you always chose "truth", not wanting to do any dares as you witnessed them be a bit too extreme - kissing the person on your left, getting a cake in your face, texting your ex, licking the floor, etc.

You can feel Hayun's eyes on you. Since the start of the game, you met her glare several times, but she would always push a wide (fake) smile and you'd do the same before looking away.

'Why is she glaring at me so much?' the thought comes to your mind and you feel uneasy, 'We don't go to the same class and we hardly even know each other... Is it because of Seungmin?'

You look to your left where the brown-haired boy is sitting, tapping his long fingers on his knee. He's annoyed, you think about it, sharing the same feeling. Suddenly, Hayun's screeching voice fills the room and you look at her.

"This game became boring," she pouts, flicking the imaginary speck from the pink carpet, "Let's liven it up a little." she looks at everyone and the crowd agrees. "How about we do just dares?" the crowd goes wild, except for you and Seungmin. Hayun looks at you again and you gulp. "Let's start easy," Hayun snickers and calls your name, daring you to hold Seungmin's hand for the rest of the game. She knows well that both of you "hate" physical touch.

You look at the boy on your left and he looks at you. Seungmin shrugs and offers his hand first. You look down at his large opened palm and reach with your own, entwining your fingers with his. His hand is warm and a little bit sweaty. You find the feeling a little bit uncomfortable and it surprises you when he squeezes your hand.