5

Ifechi POV

KayKay was sacked!

"I'll talk to my dad KayKay, he's probably just furious and said that out of anger!" I said as KayKay didn't reply, he just kept walking to the Uber and dropping his things inside.

After we got back from the mall, we saw my dad standing in front of the house, his arms crossed as KayKay let out a sigh of defeat while i looked in fear.

Why would he just come back so sudden?

"Where did you take her too?, are you normal?" He yelled at KayKay who shrugged and walked to the passenger side, opening the door for me as i stepped down.
"Ifechukwu i know this is all your doings, you mad child, go inside now!"

"Dad what's going on, we just went to the mall!" I said as KayKay just smirked and put his hands in his pocket. What the fuck!

"For 3 hours, minus the holdup, do you know what would've happened to you-!"

"You're just being paranoid, I don't even understand what's going on anymore!" I yelled at him

"Are you yelling at your father, you-!" He was about to slap me when KayKay held his hand, startling dad.

"Imagine me telling Alex about this!" KayKay whispered as i gave them a stare.

Who is Alex?! What's all this?! Did KayKay just-

"Lock, Dare, take her inside!" Dad said "Now!" He yelled as the two hefty men dragged me inside while KayKay and Dad kept exchanging words.

Then dad told me he sacked him.

I literally grew up with KayKay, he was like an older brother to me, how do I cope without him?! I can't

"KayKay you dont have to go na!" I said my voice croaking as he turned around and gave me a look of pity while the driver helped place the duffel bag in the boot of the car.
"I'm sorry!" I said sobbing as he held my shoulders

"You don't have to cry, I should be sorry, things will start happening fast now that your dad threw me away!" He said sighing
"I'm not supposed to say anything but, everything is not what it seems!"

"What do you mean?!"

"Well, for starters, I'm not a bodyguard!" He said smiling at me and walking towards the Uber
"Oh i almost forgot, tell your old man that Alex will soon come for what's his and it's not going to be pretty!"

"Who is Alex?!" I asked as he ignored me and entered the car, i stood there, it was almost 6:30, i watched the corolla drove out of the gate and couldn't help but feel angry and sad.

My throat was also dry, I've never been so confused in my entire life

"...you better tell her yourself Obinna, I can't keep on hiding this from her!" I heard my mom yell
"Soon she'll start asking questions, why we want her to study online, why we always lock her in?!"

"If she asks, say nothing!" Dad answered back
"I'll fix this, I don't know why that bastard is still in on this matter, it's been 25 years his father and i made that reckless deal, i cant imagine-!"

"What deal dad? and i want answers, I'm tired of being confused!"

"No deal, go upstairs!" Dad huffed as i looked at mom

"Are we losing our house, are you in debt dad?!" I asked as he sat on the single seat that looks like a throne.
"Mom? Who is Alex?!"

"He's nobody!" Dad interjected