10

Ifechi POV

I was hearing rustling of nylons or something which made me wake up amd sit on my bed.

I saw Shola and Angela, bringing put stuffs from a large branded bag and they were talking in hushed tones too.

"...this one is fine, wow!" Angela whispered as i stood up from the bed

"What's that?!" I said as the two girls jolted in fright "How did you two even enter the room?!"

"um, the door was open ma!" Angela said between deep breathes as Shola sighed

"Yes and Master Alex said to bring this to you as soon as possible and to give you this letter too!"

Letter when he could've texted....mtcheww

Shola handed me a sealed envelope as i broke the seal and read the contents

Kimberly, i am sorry but i would love it if you attend the event for tonight, i promise to make it special for you and i
I tried contacting your parents and none of them were available, i tried and I'm still trying too.
❤️please show up
D A Fawehinmi

At least he tried, but i don't know if i should go.

"...yes and i heard he got Miss Jackson to perform too!"

My ears perked at the mention of my all time favorite jazz singer.

"Miss Jackson is coming here, tonight?!" I asked as Angela shook her head and smiled
"Are you joking?!"

"I'm not, i also didnt want to wait tables but when i heard she was performing, I couldn't help hut agree to work tonight!" She responded as i smiled at her.

She understands, Shola on the other hand just gave us a weird look before saying something about bad taste in music.

"What do i wear?, my clothes are in Alex's room-!"

"He sent this!" Shola said, holding a mint green dinner dress that was so long, im sure jt sweeps the ground.

It was also backless, the night wasn't too cold so it's wearable.
I held the dress and God, it was beautiful and beautifully decorated with sequins and stones.

"Wow!" I gaped

"Yes, those are actual diamonds!" Shola said "my mom made the dress for Alex's mother a long time ago, Alex must really like you to give you this dress, Yewande begged and begged but -!"

Hmm, Yewande!!!!!

"Shola!" Angela cautioned as Shola's eye widened in fear
"Jesu!" Angela said as Shola looked around and picked up a golden heel to match

"Who's yewande?!" I asked as Angela facepalmed herself.

"Um, this is the shoe and the accessories too, we have to go!" Shola said pulling Angela towards the door and shutting it hard.

Ok, remind me to ask Alex about that.

I placed the dress on the bed and had a quick shower, lotioned my body, wore the lingerie pantie without the bra as the dress was padded, i wore the dress and the shoes and also the beautiful silver necklace and matching earrings, i also saw a thigh bracelet and wore it on the side where the slit of the dress was, i applied light makeup on my face and packed my braids half up and half down, thank God the braid was curled up at the end, i look super beautiful.