A New Beginning

The rusty old Ford Falcon clattered and clanked as it bumped along the dirty deserted road straight for it's new home.
The female driver stared blankly ahead lost in thought while the passenger looked out the window grimly. The leaves they passed glowed like fireflies as they fluttered down to the ground from giant oak trees. The sky was a radiant blue with a rare amount of clouds, and the autumn sunshine bathed the citizens as they hurried along for work and other commitments.
"Here we are, Anina" Marilyn Rose told her unenthusiastic daughter.

ANINA:
Allow me to introduce myself. My name's Anina Kirsten Rose but my friends call me Nina. Oh wait. Maybe they would if they actually existed. I'm 15 turning 16 in 2 months, I have blond hair, green eyes, faint freckles and a slim figure. I have never had someone to call my 'best friend' before, and obviously, I have never had a boyfriend. In fact, back in Arizona, guys my age made it their priority to keep away from me as much as possible. Heck, any guy stayed away from me no matter their age. My parents are the main cause of why I'm moving from my home town to Chicago. But this time, I don't plan on letting anyone in my new school find out why my dad isn't at home ever and why my mum is always out till 3am.