A Perfect First Date

ANINA:
I hadn't talked to Ebony for days, and by the looks of it, she made it pretty clear that she didn't want to speak to me either.
Friday night soon came around and I was in my usual struggle: finding out what to wear. I chose a cute blue mini dress that stopped 5cm above the knee. It wasn't tight or showy and I felt comfortable in it, happy that I found something not too exposing but still classy.
Everything around me seemed to be moving so fast. I had just started at this school and I had already befriended the top girl, learnt things about other students and been asked out on a movie date with the soccer team captain. It shocked me to think that this time 6 months ago I was being harassed to my wits end.
I curled my long hair into cute bubbly swirls and matched my dress with some pretty sea-blue Windsor sandals. I grabbed a Rebecca Minkoff purse and shoved my phone, house key and some cash into it, before applying minimal make up. For the finishing touches of my outfit, I added a gorgeous shining 2 Dove necklace and some smart blue earring studs. I was ready.
As I waited for Tristan to arrive, curiosity got the better of me and I decided to have a look in my mums room. I opened the creaky door and looked around in disappointment. She wasn't improving. Beer bottles, wine and shot glasses cluttered the floor and tables, clothes were thrown everywhere, the bed wasn't made and the once-white carpet was stained red from spilt wine. There were cigarette butts on the floor and it confirmed my previous predictions: she had taken up smoking again.
The last time she smoked was when dad was sentenced to jail, and she was really stressed. Things must be getting worse for her again then. Cigarette smoke permeated the air and I took a step back.
The door bell rung as I pitied my mother and I closed the door of her room behind me. I opened the front door to a smiling Tristan, who was dressed in an alluring warm jumper and black jeans.
Damn he looked good.
"You look beautiful" he told me, unable to keep his eyes of me.
"Thankyou" I said in a small voice.
"Nina, are you alright?" he asked. I obviously did a terrible job of hiding how disappointed I was because of my mum.
I looked up at him, put on my best smile and said "Yeah sorry I was just day-dreaming". Wow Nina. Good excuse. My conscience rolled her eyes at me.
We strolled to his car, a cute dark blue Holden, and he ran around the side and opened the passenger door for me. Woah, this really was like in the movies.
I thanked him then slid into the chair, then I waited for him to sit in the driver's seat and we were off.
We talked and I giggled at his corny jokes and soon enough we arrived at the cinema.
He opened my door for me once more and we headed to the entrance. Tristan bought 2 tickets for 'Lucy' and after he purchased some popcorn, we began walking the cinema stall and he began explaining the story line to me. He was really psyched about this film.
"So there's this drug, and Lucy gets it implanted in her stomach so it can be smuggled across the border and sold for a lot of money. The drug makes people go crazy" Tristan explained, "Anyway, the bag with the drug inside in her stomach breaks, exposing the grain-like substance to her body. She gains much power and skill as a result of the drug, therefore she can do things that aren't possible to human-kind. Cool isn't it?" Tristan's face lit up.
"Sounds pretty exciting" I smirked.
We took our seats in the theatre and soon the lights dimmed and the screen turned on.
The movie was good, I'll admit that I really enjoyed it. Scarlett Johansson did a spectacular job as Lucy, and throughout the film I was fully intrigued.
"So, what did you think?" Tristan asked.
"You have a good eye for movies" I winked at him.
He smiled and we left the cinema. By the time the movie finished it was just after 10pm, and he asked me when my curfew was.
"11:30pm" I stated. Actually, I didn't have a curfew. It wouldn't matter even if I did because my mum wouldn't be home waiting to give me a lecture. In my family, it's more like the other way around.
"I want to show you something" Tristan said taking my hand in his. He led me to a 10 storey high building with smashed windows and a broken door. Around the side was a trampled gate leading to the back, and he guided me around through. We tip-toed into the building via the back and I whispered "what are we doing here?"
"Shhh" he replied, "You'll see".
We ducked our heads as we made our way up 10 flights of stairs. The place was definitely abandoned and had been for a long time.
It was very dark and I carefully avoided several cobwebs. The stench of mouldy and rotten fruit was evident in the air, and after about 10 minutes of climbing stairs, we approached the roof.
Tristan had a glint in his eyes, the same sparkle he had when he first asked me on this date.
We sat on an old air conditioning vent that was no longer in use, and stared out to the glittery stars in the sky and down to the bustling and hustling cars on the busy roads below.
"Is this where you take all of your dates?" I smiled.
"No" he answered, "just you"
I leaned over and my lips crashed upon his. I only meant a small peck, but he held us together like superglue, making the kiss last longer.
I wonder if it was obvious to him that this was my first.
We finally broke the kiss after what seemed like an eternity, and I felt warm and fuzzy inside.